Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Mavic 2 Pro Multi Charger for Vehicle

As promised here are a few quick snapshots of how my CrossTrek has a "Dryer Pigtail" for the inverter to run from. IIRC this is 8GA wire and it's ran direct to the battery box and has it's own disconnect and fusing box NOT part of the OEM on the car.

charger1.jpg
charger2.jpg
charger3.jpg

charger4.jpg

As promised here are a few quick snapshots of how my CrossTrek
Looks great. This is already the best thread on this subject, and I'm darn near resurrecting my (once abandoned) dream of sorting mine. I've fallen fowl of saleman's claims about charging speed, so its great to be getting thoughts from people with real-life experience: how long (based on your experience) could I expect it to take to charge 3 mavic2-pro batteries (or similar)? Presumably you keep the engine running? - will the recharge of the car battery keep up with the drain on it ? Thnx

Last edited:
I've left mine with engine off for over an hour but to be honest most of the time I'm charging while between shoots. We do Emergency Services UAS work but when we are on-scene we usually have lots of charging resources after the first few hours. I still use my same charger but not plugged into the CrossTrek.

I haven't timed it going from depleted to full on 3 batteries because as soon as one is depleted it goes on the charger (once it's cool) and the cycle begins. If I had to guess I would say 90+/- minutes depleted to full.

Also it's important to note I don't run my batteries down DEEPLY ever. I would guess I land at 40% or more. We fly to capture a certain DATA and once captured we land, swap out the battery and camera card regardless of how far the next shoot is.

Reactions: Glhs958
I've left mine with engine off for over an hour but to be honest most of the time I'm charging while between shoots.
Thanks Big Al, acknowledged (and your candor appreciated). I'll do some experimenting. It's a shame DJI don't make a solution that we can just buy (off-the-peg) ;)

Thanks. I cant see this product anywhere - might it have a different name now ?
Yea it's sunnylife not sunnyfire not sure why I keep calling it sunnyfire lol. I don't see them anymore but this one has been a work horse for me for the last few years. My car has the battery in the trunk so its pretty convenient.

Attachments

• IMG_20220125_071706[1].jpg
    IMG_20220125_071706[1].jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220125_072505[1].jpg
    IMG_20220125_072505[1].jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Yea it's sunnylife
yep, found it, thanks. They'd probably still be selling them if they gave it your improved name of Sunnyfire ! I think if I try this, I'll get an additional battery, a deep cycle one- to help with the charging speed and avoid a flat battery. Not sure how to install, recharge and maintain a deep cycle battery yet, but hey - youtube will come to the rescue ! :)

I've recently read that the alternator recharges the car battery much faster when driving around, than it does when idling ? so perhaps driving around will help the car battery keep up with the drain of fast-charging four batteries simultaneously...

Thanks. I cant see this product anywhere - might it have a different name now ?
You'll recognize this charger by it's metallic blue outer case. Often times it's "commonly" called the Blue Charger because it's carried under many different names. Most likely all built in the same warehouse and just sold "UnBranded" to these companies.

I've got a Blue Charger for my Phantom3, Phantom4, Inspire1, and Mavic Platinum.

I don't remember why but I didn't go with the Blue Charger for my Mavic 2 Pro but went with one from RCGEEK (Amazon dealer). It's not as fast as others and if it died today I would replace it with a Blue Charger. I just looked online and the one I am using is no longer available. I may order a Blue Charger today just to be sure I have a reliable 2nd charger.

I may order a Blue Charger today just to be sure I have a reliable 2nd charger.
yep, but have a close look first my friend: it appears that "they don't make 'em like the used to". Reviews in the last 6 months are very mixed - with some horror stories thrown in, plus reviewmeta.com gives it a warning because amazon has deleted 22 of the the high scoring reviews - presumably because they were fake.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91