Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Mavic 2 Pro - RTH Flyaway

mrothart

Reaction score
Hello guys,

This is a repeat post that I made on DJI Forums, but I was hoping someone here may have more insight.

I just had a remote controller error lead to a RTH Flyaway yesterday with a Mavic 2 Pro and I am trying to find out what is going on. I have spoken with my colleague and he had a similar encounter with the same drone a couple months ago, so I am concerned that this is a recurring issue now.

On this particular flight, I had two remote controller disconnections. The first one was very brief and I was able to reconnect very quickly by cycling the controller power off/on. The second disconnect caused the controller to display something along the lines of "Remote Controller Error", was beeping, and I could not see any display from the DJI application. I watched the drone rapidly rise to ~150 ft (this is my RTH altitude setting), and then proceed to pitch and fly away from me while the controller was disconnected. I then regained connection, the drone stopped drifting away from me, and was able to proceed with my flight as normal.

A couple more things of note:

-The wind speed was 5mph and in a North North-Easterly direction, but the drone took off in an East North-Easterly direction. A quick calculation of average speed given the reported distance from home and time associated with it, gives me an average speed of around 6.5 mph. This doesn't account for the rise in altitude time, and doesn't comport with a drift due to wind.

-"Setting new Return-To-Home altitude to 45m (148ft), Data Recorder File Index is 78. Setting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 120m (394 ft)" was given as a Tip uder the Flight Logs.

I have also downloaded the .DAT files from DJI Flight Assistant for Mavic, but I am unaware of how to view these logs. I am assuming these are the raw log files from the drone, and the flight files I have linked are from the controller, not the drone. I would be very interested to review the logs for the drone.

The flight log was split into two files. Here are my flight logs from both disconnects:

-Disconnect 1 Log 1/2: [backcolor=rgba(249, 249, 249, 0.3)]Jun 3rd, 2020 05:33PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 4.3.36 on Android | Total Mileage: 353 ft | United States | Airdata UAV
-Disconnect 1 Log 2/2: [backcolor=rgba(249, 249, 249, 0.3)]Jun 3rd, 2020 05:35PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 4.3.36 on Android | Total Mileage: 11,573 ft | United States | Airdata UAV

-Disconnect 2 Log 1/2 - [backcolor=rgba(249, 249, 249, 0.3)]Jun 3rd, 2020 05:53PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 4.3.36 on Android | Total Mileage: 1,552 ft | United States | Airdata UAV
-Disconnect 2 Log 2/2 - [backcolor=rgba(249, 249, 249, 0.3)]Jun 3rd, 2020 05:56PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 4.3.36 on Android | Total Mileage: 6,903 ft | United States | Airdata UAV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3