Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

mavic 2 pro vs autel evo 2

merk

Reaction score
Hi All,

I currently have a mavic 2 pro. I may be ditching the DJI universe soon and I'm looking at the autel evo II 6k as a replacement.

Just wondering if anyone has used both drones and can give an opinion comparing the two of them?

Reactions: Volatus Drones
You might be able to reach out to this member and ask them this question:

Has anyone done an in depth side by side comparison of the cameras on these two systems? From my perspective, we are buying a camera mainly. The ability for it to move around to unique vantage points is why we sacrifice quality. So I would be curious about the autel evo camera vs. the mavic 20 megapixel hasselblad camera. (Sensor size, lens size, image quality, subtle details in shadows, that sort of thing.)

My brain usually tracks way behind current trends I don't keep up as well as I should, but it's been my understanding that there really isn't anything else out there than can touch a mavic 2 w/ 20mp hasselblad camera in terms of size, weight, endurance, and image quality/resolution. The phantom 4 pro has a similar quality camera, but with a significnatly bigger form factor. There are probably lots options if you just want to do good quality youtube videos, but we are doing high resolution mapping looking for invasive plants, and need more resolution and quality/detail not less. (and not just more pixels, more actual sensor size and lens light and image quality) :)

Reactions: BigAl07
I did see one video comparison showing the video side by side. To me, the video SOC looks better on the mavic, but you can get the same results with the evo with some basic video edits. The video from the evo looked too de-saturated to me. But it was a review from several months ago so it's entirely possible it's something they've fixed with updates. On the other hand, you can shoot in 6k (or 8k) with the evo vs just 4k with the mavic.

I have both. The drones match up in every way. The videos dont not look the same, as to color, but that can be adjusted in both drones, but the clarity is spot on. Which is better? I still prefer my Mavic,

We sell a lot of EVO II’s but love the familiarity of the M2P. Both are great drones.

The EVO II is a bigger folding drone with a longer flight time, swappable camera payloads which is nice if you want to get into thermal down the line. Plus because the controller had a small screen you can fly without a device if you don’t have one. No “no-fly” zones as well.

We sell a lot of EVO II’s but love the familiarity of the M2P. Both are great drones.

The EVO II is a bigger folding drone with a longer flight time, swappable camera payloads which is nice if you want to get into thermal down the line. Plus because the controller had a small screen you can fly without a device if you don’t have one. No “no-fly” zones as well.

The screen on the remote will show you the live view from the drone? I wasn't aware of that. I though it was basically the same as the screen on the mavic remote, just a little bigger.

I'm still waiting on a response from DJI to see if i am going to be switching or not.

The screen on the remote will show you the live view from the drone? I wasn't aware of that. I though it was basically the same as the screen on the mavic remote, just a little bigger.

I'm still waiting on a response from DJI to see if i am going to be switching or not.
Yes it’s a live view from the drone. Flying in this mode lacks the full feature set that flying with the device + app does but it still works great for flying and taking photos/videos.

Yes it’s a live view from the drone. Flying in this mode lacks the full feature set that flying with the device + app does but it still works great for flying and taking photos/videos.
So basically you lose all the smart flight modes I'm guessing? I never use those for photos, and only sometimes for video. So wouldn't be much of a loss for me. Not having to fuss around with my phone would be a nice perk.

That's pretty nice. Pretty sure I'd hardly ever use my phone with that controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN