Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Mavic 2 Zoom - Anyone using?

Anyone using the Mavic 2 Zoom? I'm curious if it can be used for inspections.

It really depends on what you're inspecting and what level of detail the client is expecting in a deliverable. You're not going to get the same deliverable with the M2Zoom as you would with a higher end camera and zoom system but you can do lots with it.

I decided to give it a go and purchase one.
I attempted to use my Phantom 4 Pro to get some asset tags on electrical equipment, but I could only get about 25-30 ft away before I encountered some interference. Hopefully, the zoom will bridge the gap so I don't need to go with a Matrice or Inspire.

Thanks for the response

I decided to give it a go and purchase one.
I attempted to use my Phantom 4 Pro to get some asset tags on electrical equipment, but I could only get about 25-30 ft away before I encountered some interference. Hopefully, the zoom will bridge the gap so I don't need to go with a Matrice or Inspire.

Thanks for the response

Keep us posted how it works out for you. I wish they had done the ZOOM with the larger sensor. Oh well.

Rumors have it, that DJIs Rand D is working on zoom feature for the pro. Blade Strike mentioned it on M2 RC group forum. Would be amazing if they can do this!

His reply was only in reference to "digital" zoom, not optical. Optical zoom is not happening and digital is nothing more than cropping. Maybe that's all you're looking for though.

Reactions: AIA.AI and BigAl07
Dave is correct, digital zoom with that sensor is not any real solution for stills, although probably useful for video. If anyone is listening: a perfect configuration for most commercial purposes would be a 24-120 (admittedly a large lens on a full-frame camera) But when you consider the size of the 24mm lens on the P4P (compared to a similar focal length on A 24mp APS-C camera), a 24-120 zoom would seem to be doable. But then I am no optical engineer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN