Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Mavic 3T Enterprise First Impressions

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Initial review with Mavic 3T first day. Setup and first update was easy and straight forward with exception of Ent. Basic refresh. You get a failure notice when going through setup. The links in the app bring you to Chinese pages, not helpful. Learned that if you successfully Sign-in with a DJI account, it is auto activated and you receive a confirmation email from DJI within 24 hours. Safe to go fly. Pilot 2 App is nice. Lots of improvements over Pilot 1 app. Lots of shortcut settings/options on controller. First couple flights were very smooth and handles nice. Battery time is very noticeable. I flew 8 flights this weekend, (calm conditions) and battery time is a big improvement over my M200. I was averaging 38 minutes with 18% left. Mapping missions does support mapping with the wide angle and IR lens. More to come on that when I create a few maps. Scanned some PV panels and a few roofs. IR sensor is impressive. Same quality as my XT2 Duo. Captured images and video. More to come after the files are converted to Flir format and tuned. First flaw…. The SD card is not easily accessible under the USB charging plug in the back. You need a small set of tweezers or make a little tab out of tape to pull the SD card out. Charged everything with Anker 757 Power station. Drone battery used 6% to charge from 18% to 100%. Controller used 7% to charge from 17%. Could run all day long with Anker and this drone. Biggest take away so far is portability and quick setup time. It is out of the case and in the air in a few minutes. Longer to perform pre/post flight checks than get it in the air.

Stay tuned, plan on creating some maps with DD to see if their engine will take the IR format without Flir conversion. I’ll also compare some tuning and result of thermal anomalies on a roof taken in the last week between the MT3 and XT Duo 2. Oh and I haven’ even gotten to the zoom yet.

Attachments

• DJI_20221030180841_0003_T.JPG
    DJI_20221030180841_0003_T.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • DJI_20221030181333_0008_T.JPG
    DJI_20221030181333_0008_T.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • DJI_20221030181345_0009_T.JPG
    DJI_20221030181345_0009_T.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • DJI_20221030120324_0007_T.JPG
    DJI_20221030120324_0007_T.JPG
    1,004 KB · Views: 31
  • DJI_20221030115834_0001_T.JPG
    DJI_20221030115834_0001_T.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
Excellent information. Thank you for taking the time and effort to compose this.

Looking forward to seeing your next write up as well.

Reactions: rx7ward
Initial review with Mavic 3T first day. Setup and first update was easy and straight forward with exception of Ent. Basic refresh. You get a failure notice when going through setup. The links in the app bring you to Chinese pages, not helpful. Learned that if you successfully Sign-in with a DJI account, it is auto activated and you receive a confirmation email from DJI within 24 hours. Safe to go fly. Pilot 2 App is nice. Lots of improvements over Pilot 1 app. Lots of shortcut settings/options on controller. First couple flights were very smooth and handles nice. Battery time is very noticeable. I flew 8 flights this weekend, (calm conditions) and battery time is a big improvement over my M200. I was averaging 38 minutes with 18% left. Mapping missions does support mapping with the wide angle and IR lens. More to come on that when I create a few maps. Scanned some PV panels and a few roofs. IR sensor is impressive. Same quality as my XT2 Duo. Captured images and video. More to come after the files are converted to Flir format and tuned. First flaw…. The SD card is not easily accessible under the USB charging plug in the back. You need a small set of tweezers or make a little tab out of tape to pull the SD card out. Charged everything with Anker 757 Power station. Drone battery used 6% to charge from 18% to 100%. Controller used 7% to charge from 17%. Could run all day long with Anker and this drone. Biggest take away so far is portability and quick setup time. It is out of the case and in the air in a few minutes. Longer to perform pre/post flight checks than get it in the air.

Stay tuned, plan on creating some maps with DD to see if their engine will take the IR format without Flir conversion. I’ll also compare some tuning and result of thermal anomalies on a roof taken in the last week between the MT3 and XT Duo 2. Oh and I haven’ even gotten to the zoom yet.
Thanks for taking your precious time and providing your initial review .I look forward to getting your further updates on Mapping Missions with the M3T .

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed review. I ran into the same issue mentioned on the SD card access. If you remove the battery it comes out and goes back in very easy. Thanks again and hope my tidbit helps.

Here a few more images taken about two weeks apart. Just to provide general reference. Labeled XT2 Duo for the native Flir image with 13mm lens. The Mavic 3T is a 9mm lens so took it at a closer distance. Did not adjust all the parameters, so temps a little off. Mavic 3T image was converted with ThermoConverter to Flir format and tuned in Flir Thermal Studio. Maps coming soon.

Attachments

• XT2Duo_2_R.JPG
    XT2Duo_2_R.JPG
    897.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Mavic3T_2_T_FLIR.jpg
    Mavic3T_2_T_FLIR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • XT2Duo_1_R.JPG
    XT2Duo_1_R.JPG
    894.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Mavic3T_1_FLIR.jpg
    Mavic3T_1_FLIR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Thanks for the detailed review! Would the Enterprise version of RC Pro work with the consumer version of Mavic 3 & Cine?

First look at the mapping planner. Similar to Pilot 1 version regarding settings and layout. With the 3T you have the option to map "Wide", "IR" and "Wide and IR" at the same time. When you are loading mission, it has a nice summary screen before you start. Easy view for quick final confirmation of settings. Flight was really smooth. Turns are smooth and continuous compared to the Matrice series and older Pilot 1 app. The attached maps screenshots are just a quick tests, but I think this is definitely my new backup drone. Again, setup time, ease of portability and crazy battery life(Comparing to Matrice 200) would make this my primary drone if it weren't for having to convert the images for my Clients. Easy to convert small jobs, but frequently handle 1000 plus thermal images.

Still need to test DroneDeploy app on the controller, but really don't need it with the Pilot 2 Mission planner. Also will test 360 Pano feature and some video capture. Loving it so far.

Attachments

• Mavic3T Thermal Map Test.jpg
    Mavic3T Thermal Map Test.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Mavic3T Visible Wide Map Test.jpg
    Mavic3T Visible Wide Map Test.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 25
First look at the mapping planner. Similar to Pilot 1 version regarding settings and layout. With the 3T you have the option to map "Wide", "IR" and "Wide and IR" at the same time. When you are loading mission, it has a nice summary screen before you start. Easy view for quick final confirmation of settings. Flight was really smooth. Turns are smooth and continuous compared to the Matrice series and older Pilot 1 app. The attached maps screenshots are just a quick tests, but I think this is definitely my new backup drone. Again, setup time, ease of portability and crazy battery life(Comparing to Matrice 200) would make this my primary drone if it weren't for having to convert the images for my Clients. Easy to convert small jobs, but frequently handle 1000 plus thermal images.

Still need to test DroneDeploy app on the controller, but really don't need it with the Pilot 2 Mission planner. Also will test 360 Pano feature and some video capture. Loving it so far.
Thanks for the Further Updates on the M3T . Keep it coming .

Thanks for the Further Updates on the M3T. Keep it coming.

Hi John , Good Evening any further updates on the M3T

Hi John , Good Evening any further updates on the M3T
Sorry, been trying to finish out a half dozen roofs before the weather gets too cold. I did test converting some thermal images to Tiffs and was able to make video stacks in ImageJ. I have not taken out the M200 in 2 weeks. She must be getting jealous. It is just so easy to deploy, packup and move to the next job. Need to test the speaker for S&R and try some video overlay of thermal/visible. should be caught up be end of this week and back to testing.

Sorry, been trying to finish out a half dozen roofs before the weather gets too cold. I did test converting some thermal images to Tiffs and was able to make video stacks in ImageJ. I have not taken out the M200 in 2 weeks. She must be getting jealous. It is just so easy to deploy, packup and move to the next job. Need to test the speaker for S&R and try some video overlay of thermal/visible. should be caught up be end of this week and back to testing.
John,Thank you much .Fly safe .

I tested the speaker yesterday. Very easy to mount on top of the drone which uses the built in USBc type plug and quick twist screw in fasteners. Interface and functionality is very straight forward. You can copy Wav files onto the SD card you install on the Pro Controller. They are accessible to load when the speaker properties box is accessed. You can name, and delete them from there. There is also an option to live record using the the mic on the Pro Controller. Finally there was a feature I had not seen before. Might have come from the latest update. You can create a text to speech recording that that you can save same as above. It uses a preconfigured male voice to play the message.

OK, actual testing. I played the uploaded wav files. A Police siren and truck horn. Alt 165ft and distance away was 500 feet. Playing both at max volume could be heard, but not as loud as I would have expected. I tested a speech to text message and it was also a little lower than expected. Although not really sure what I was expecting because this is the first speaker I have used on a drone. I tried recording a 6 second live recording from the controller and loading to the drone. It was much louder than the previously testing messages. I went back and raised the volume span on the truck and Police siren on my PC then uploaded again and the max output was much louder. Was pleased with the results. I could easily hear the message playing at an Alt of 150ft and distance of 800 feet with the drone facing me. With the drone broadcasting away from me I could hear up to about 500ft then. Works quite well for a the size of the speaker. It did not impact handling of flight, but wind was less than 10 miles per hour at 150ft while testing. Sorry forgot pics. I'll post some later today.

I tested the speaker yesterday. Very easy to mount on top of the drone which uses the built in USBc type plug and quick twist screw in fasteners. Interface and functionality is very straight forward. You can copy Wav files onto the SD card you install on the Pro Controller. They are accessible to load when the speaker properties box is accessed. You can name, and delete them from there. There is also an option to live record using the the mic on the Pro Controller. Finally there was a feature I had not seen before. Might have come from the latest update. You can create a text to speech recording that that you can save same as above. It uses a preconfigured male voice to play the message.

OK, actual testing. I played the uploaded wav files. A Police siren and truck horn. Alt 165ft and distance away was 500 feet. Playing both at max volume could be heard, but not as loud as I would have expected. I tested a speech to text message and it was also a little lower than expected. Although not really sure what I was expecting because this is the first speaker I have used on a drone. I tried recording a 6 second live recording from the controller and loading to the drone. It was much louder than the previously testing messages. I went back and raised the volume span on the truck and Police siren on my PC then uploaded again and the max output was much louder. Was pleased with the results. I could easily hear the message playing at an Alt of 150ft and distance of 800 feet with the drone facing me. With the drone broadcasting away from me I could hear up to about 500ft then. Works quite well for a the size of the speaker. It did not impact handling of flight, but wind was less than 10 miles per hour at 150ft while testing. Sorry forgot pics. I'll post some later today.
Thanks for the update

Forgot to post these ground array map samples. Usually don't ever create maps of PV ground arrays because I have not had much luck with stitching ground Arrays, but these came out much better than I have previously seen. Almost good enough to use as a deliverable, but not quite.

Attachments

• Ply_GroundArray_26Dec22_Visible.jpg
    Ply_GroundArray_26Dec22_Visible.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Ply_GroundArray_26Dec22Thermal.jpg
    Ply_GroundArray_26Dec22Thermal.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 21

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members