Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Mavic Pro won't start any automated missions

WildDoktor

Reaction score
I've posted this on MavicPilots, the dji forums, and the drone deploy forum, but thought I'd try my luck here as well!

I'm having this issue with DroneDeploy, Litchi, Drone Harmony, and Pix4Capture flight apps and my Mavic Pro.

I run all 4 apps on my Samsung Note 5, android 7, and also run DD on an ipad 7th gen (ios 15.2). I get the exact same behavior on both android and ios.

Regardless of which of those flight apps I use, if I start a mission (or flight) with the MP on the ground, it will rise to between 7'-9' and just hover there, and never run the mission.

Occasionally, if I fly to above 60' or so, and then start, the MP will fly the mission.

Oddly, I haven't tried this with the go4 app yet.

Anybody seen this behavior...or more importantly, fixed it?

Thanks!

Yeah happened with my MPP. Had to go back and change a setting in DD as I recall it was a fair while ago. Make sure no apps operating in the background.
Regards

Thanks for the reply @Gagey52! If you happen to run across that setting I'd sure like to know what it is!

It happens even if I force stop all apps. And it happens with *every* 3rd party flight app, on both android and ios. Really strange.

Been too rainy here to try anything, but when it clears up I'm going to try using go4 app to create a short waypoint mission, save it, land, then try to start that mission from the ground. We'll see if the MP stops at 7'.

Reactions: Gagey52
For the last few days I been having close to what you are describing with DD and a P4Pro v2 on android and ios. Haven't tried my mavic 2 yet. Today trying different things I noticed that with 8 sats on go4 i have gps home point and away it would go with no camera issues. Now running DD it wouldn't take off unless it had 10+ sats and it would fail camera calibrate unless I set to use Go4 settings and thats both android and ios. The only way I can use DD at the moment is to set it too use exposure and focus from Go4 and manually fly up to 40-60ft to get enough sats.

Ugh...that's too bad. I haven't found a fix yet. I wish this were my worst problem; currently DD simply doesn't work on any of my devices. :-( I now get "Plan upload failed: There is not a mission available" on ios, and "Plan upload failed: The damping check is failed(231)" on android.

I use Drone Pilot by Maps Made Easy. I've discovered that I will always get failure to load the mission if I try to start a mission while sitting on the ground with the motors idling. It will not accept a mission unless I am already hovering in the air when I upload it. I usually hover at about 10 ft to accomplish this and it happens every time I fly a mapping mission. I've seen nothing in the documentation that says you have to do this, but yet I do. I just discovered it by accident. So you might try launching into a hover before you press the button to upload the mission.

Reactions: WildDoktor
I rolled back DD to version 4.65 on android and fixed my issues. Until DD can get this issue fixed this is the version I am using. Flew 2 locations today both 100+ acre sites and had no issues with V4.65.

I rolled back DD to version 4.65 on android and fixed my issues. Until DD can get this issue fixed this is the version I am using. Flew 2 locations today both 100+ acre sites and had no issues with V4.65.
Sounds promising...how did you roll back?

I found a a few previous android .apk versions on the web. I know its not the "safest" and have never resorted to this measure before, but just kept downgrading tell I found one that I did not have any more issues. I had to come up with something due to a few jobs I had to finish and couldn't wait for DD to fix after reading I believe your post on DD forums.

Ok; was wondering if I was going to have to look for some old .apk's, so that's confirmed. Thanks! Gonna be raining here all stinkin' week, so I have some time.

We had a break in the weather, so I rolled back DD to version 4.65 and tested. Still can't launch from the ground with the props off (well I can, but it only starts the props, rises to 7' and hovers there), but if I start from 15' in the air, it now runs the missions again.

Thanks again for the tip @Glhs958; at least I can now fly missions on my android!

We had a break in the weather, so I rolled back DD to version 4.65 and tested. Still can't launch from the ground with the props off (well I can, but it only starts the props, rises to 7' and hovers there), but if I start from 15' in the air, it now runs the missions again.

Thanks again for the tip @Glhs958; at least I can now fly missions on my android!
Man I wish it worked for you too! I just got back from a 200 acre site and worked flawless again with my P4 v2.

@WildDoktor I just tested the new IOS Version 4.72.0 of DD on iPad with my Mavic2 and all went well. Mavic2 flew 2 test missions here at house without a hiccup. I have not seen them release a update yet for Android but I am anxiously awaiting its arrival to test. After I get a battery charged up for Phantom 4 v2 I will test that on the IOS to see if it still might have issues and will report my experience.

I updated to the latest Android DD version, and the "fly to 7' and hover" thing still happens...but at least the "Plan upload failed: The damping check is failed(231)" error is gone. So if I manually fly to 50' or so, then click "start", it'll fly the 2 mission types that are available on Android. I can live with that.

I also tested the new IOS DD version 4.72.0. As you know, previously (with IOS and ipad 7th gen) I was getting the "Plan upload failed: There is not a mission available" message, and couldn't fly any missions. The latest IOS version removed that message, but I still can't fly any missions! The drone just sits there when I click "start". I've flown to 50' and tried to start; the missions don't start. On the ground with props off, I click "start" and waited up to 5 minutes (I timed it) to see if it was maybe just taking it's time to upload the mission to the drone. Nope. I did that 3 times, still...no joy. Super unhelpful. :-/

What airspace are you flying in? Reason I ask is I had that happen with the Inspire 2. I was flying just outside of controlled airspace. Also with Drone Deploy I have had to shut down and reload missions a couple times to get it to launch.
I know it isn't a geo fence issue because geofence stopped working on my drones.
Also do you have any other apps running in the background?

Thanks @R.Perry; are you talking about the "fly to 7' and hover" issue? Or the "unable to fly with IOS" issue?

Regardless, every problem I have happens in every airspace I've tried to fly in...both Class D airspace (200' and 300' laanc squares) and Class G airspace. Same issue.

And yeah; geofence stopped working on my mavic pro very soon after I bought it.

Just a thought, I recently set up a mission in Drone Deploy. Flight would not initialization. What I had done was the previous mapping was done with my Mavic Pro. This mapping was with the Inspire 2 and I forgot to set DD for the inspire 2 instead of the Mavic. Once I selected the correct camera and lens, mission worked perfectly.

Thanks; I'll check my DD missions. But the fact that this happens with every app except go4 (because there's no way to start an automated mission from the ground in the go4 app) makes me think it's something else.

Reactions: Glhs958 and BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM