Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

More Eyes On...

miturnbo

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Website
www.minutemanresponse.org
I saw a video once of searchers using a Wifi connection and live streaming I think through youtube and providing a link to other searchers who could watch the FPV drone video in real time. Has anyone here set something like this up? I'd love to get something like this going out in the field and have a live feed to our IC who can watch the drone videos in real time. This would be a game changer.

I saw a YouTube video demo of someone testing this a couple years ago. Seems very straight forward. The audio from the rPIC's mobile device was hot and you definitely heard everything he was saying. Never tried it, but would be interested in the stated ability to limit who can see it, and if you could delete it after. Numerous vendors out there providing this type of service now, with strict controls on encryption and securing the data captured. Vimeo also offers live streaming I believe.

All very cool and I actually raised this issue just last week with some of my people on our SAR team—broadcasting to the CP would indeed be a game changer, but you need to check with your organization‘s protocols about privacy and confidentiality. The last thing you or anybody needs is to broadcast finding the family’s MP “too late,” or in any sort of embarrassing situation.

The only system I know of (and use) is the Autel Live Deck system. Only works with the Evo 1 and 2 though. Pairs with the aircraft like a second controller and operates as a stand alone system. It has 3 outputs, HDMI, USB and Ethernet. The max range of the Live Deck is 4+ miles from the aircraft, independent of the pilot/controller location. If you attach a tablet to the Live Deck via the USB running the Autel Explorer app then you can control the camera functions from the location of the ground station.

I don't understand why DJI has not come out with something similar.

Reactions: TreeLineView
All very cool and I actually raised this issue just last week with some of my people on our SAR team—broadcasting to the CP would indeed be a game changer, but you need to check with your organization‘s protocols about privacy and confidentiality. The last thing you or anybody needs is to broadcast finding the family’s MP “too late,” or in any sort of embarrassing situation.
Good point.

Last I tried to livestream drone video with a DJI drone, YouTube required a channel with at least 1000 subscribers. I got around this using the Streamlabs app (I have an Android phone). It livestreams everything on your phone display, so it's not as clean as what's built into DJI Go 4, but lets you livestream to a YT channel w/ <1000 subscribers

Correct, only works with the Evo and Evo 2. Wonder why DJI has not come out with something similar?
I like the Evo II Dual and when I ask for equipment, I think I'll start with this. But we currently use an Inspire 1 and have an XT FLIR for that drone as well as the Stork system as a drop mechanism. This is our main system for the Swift Water Rescue team but it's very unreliable in lower temperatures. So does the Evo have any payload ability and if not, what would you recommend? The Inspire is great with the FLIR and ability to carry a payload.

Check this out.... give them a call and they will hook you up to fit your needs. We use this set up with live deck. I've seen it operate flawlessly with dji products many times as well

Check this out.... give them a call and they will hook you up to fit your needs. We use this set up with live deck. I've seen it operate flawlessly with dji products many times as well

JD and I put together one of these last year for less than $500. I have since built a smaller (16" screen 500 nit) version for less than $400. We run them with our EVO 2's and the Live Deck.

I just finished a portable antenna mast for my Live Deck, 2 to 8' with 16' of antenna cable. Breaks down into a 30" tripod case.

Attachments

• antenna mast.jpg
    antenna mast.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 9
I've used live stream with our volunteer fire department and CDF, and Sheriffs department. I found at times the feed seems to be a bit slow, but it does work well. Of course it depends on the speed of your internet connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM