Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

My 1st,14 CFR 107.41 WIDE AREA AIRSPACE AUTHRIZATION

Bob

Reaction score
They gave me a 14 CFR 107.41 WIDE AREA AIRSPACE AUTHORIZATION. I actually never planned on ever requesting any sort of waiver but this allows for flights when at my video/photography class near downtown Dallas TX. We have an unobstructed view of downtown from the top of the parking garage.
I am still going to be flying less than 90ft AGL and within 100 yards of my take off point,(flight area is over a large vacant field) but is there a way I can see the actual area covered by this waiver? I was thinking it might be the LAANC grid that I am in. LAANC is not up and running at my location at the moment. Thanks as always for the advice.

Congrats on getting the waiver. Any pointers for folks thinking about applying for the CFR 107.41? Any advice you can give is appreciated.

Thanks,
JD

They gave me a 14 CFR 107.41 WIDE AREA AIRSPACE AUTHORIZATION. I actually never planned on ever requesting any sort of waiver but this allows for flights when at my video/photography class near downtown Dallas TX. We have an unobstructed view of downtown from the top of the parking garage.
I am still going to be flying less than 90ft AGL and within 100 yards of my take off point,(flight area is over a large vacant field) but is there a way I can see the actual area covered by this waiver? I was thinking it might be the LAANC grid that I am in. LAANC is not up and running at my location at the moment. Thanks as always for the advice.

ArcGIS Web Application

The above is the link to the FAA Facilities portal which shows you the airspace w/i CONUS. The wide area authorization is tied to a specific airport. Locate that airport on the map and you can fly anywhere within that airspace that is not show on the facilities map as a zero altitude box without any other paperwork. You may not exceed the published max altitude show in each box within the airspace in question without filing additional paperwork via the online portal. If you are located downtown, the airport you are probably slaved to is Love Field or Addison.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker