Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

My birthday present to myself

AWESOME B-day gift!

M600? It's a sweet machine until you go buying a full day's worth of batteries LOL! $$$$

What camera payload are you going to be running under her?

AWESOME B-day gift!

M600? It's a sweet machine until you go buying a full day's worth of batteries LOL! $$$$

What camera payload are you going to be running under her?

M600P. I was considering an M210 but not about to buy a whole new bunch of cameras. I have X3,X5,XT, Z3, may get a Z30 soon, if cell towers and other infrastructure jobs come along. We have lots of farms around, maybe I'll get into NVDI(?). To be blunt Allan, ever since I flew the PDs M600 I fell in love with this big, ugly brute; just wanted to have one, even if it ends up being hobby flying only. Life's too short.;)

Reactions: R Martin
M600P. I was considering an M210 but not about to buy a whole new bunch of cameras. I have X3,X5,XT, Z3, may get a Z30 soon, if cell towers and other infrastructure jobs come along. We have lots of farms around, maybe I'll get into NVDI(?). To be blunt Allan, ever since I flew the PDs M600 I fell in love with this big, ugly brute; just wanted to have one, even if it ends up being hobby flying only. Life's too short.;)

I FULLY understand where you're coming from. We flew one last year for a client that had a "RED"?? camera on it. The camera alone cost more than my car LOL. But man it was a BLAST to fly. I was the pilot and my VO was the Camera Operator. They have 36 batteries just for a single shoot session.... WOW!!

Here's the video that very unit shot for a TV commercial (only the aerials of course)

I love how they have multiple layers of redundancy built into it and can lift a good amount of payload.

It's definitely a Head Turner when you pull it out with people around. They know you're the Real Deal or at least playing the part very well LOL.

I FULLY understand where you're coming from. We flew one last year for a client that had a "RED"?? camera on it. The camera alone cost more than my car LOL. But man it was a BLAST to fly. I was the pilot and my VO was the Camera Operator. They have 36 batteries just for a single shoot session.... WOW!!

Here's the video that very unit shot for a TV commercial (only the aerials of course)

I love how they have multiple layers of redundancy built into it and can lift a good amount of payload.

It's definitely a Head Turner when you pull it out with people around. They know you're the Real Deal or at least playing the part very well LOL.
"They know you're the Real Deal or at least playing the part very well LOL. "

Attachments

• 1553010005945.png
    1553010005945.png
    414.1 KB · Views: 6
I was the pilot and my VO was the Camera Operator.
And therein lies my problem. The minute a second person and high-end equipment enter the scene, the price skyrockets and your potential client base shrinks to microscopic. I'm happy with my little P4P. Granted, the video quality of an M600 + DSLR/RED is far superior to a P4P, but my observations tell me clients can't really appreciate the difference and struggle to justify the bump in rates. That said, I sure wouldn't mind having an M600 if the piggy bank ever gets full.

And therein lies my problem. The minute a second person and high-end equipment enter the scene, the price skyrockets and your potential client base shrinks to microscopic. I'm happy with my little P4P. Granted, the video quality of an M600 + DSLR/RED is far superior to a P4P, but my observations tell me clients can't really appreciate the difference and struggle to justify the bump in rates.

I understand what you’re saying but some clients expect/demand higher end equipment and the price goes up.

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker