Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

My new beta website published ...

I liked the design. Very modern and minimal (in a good way).
I do however have a bit of critique on your real estate video example...
A bunch of your shots start still (getting in position)...then go into movement. I would make the suggestion that you edit out
the set up (getting in place, pan/tilt) and just edit from movement to movement. Seemed if you just shaved the first second or two off
of each of your shots...that would do the trick. Just my 2c.
Great work and glad to see you doing well in New England.
-Patrick

Reactions: Avocet
A bunch of your shots start still (getting in position)...then go into movement. I would make the suggestion that you edit out
the set up (getting in place, pan/tilt) and just edit from movement to movement. Seemed if you just shaved the first second or two off
-Patrick
Thanks for the observation .. .this is why another set of eyes can be very helpful ... I'll check this out for sure.

-Patrick

Made those changes btw .. thanks for the suggestion ...

Very appealing when you open the site.
Under "services" you start out defending the price you are going to charge (you get what you pay for, etc.). I would save that till after you have priced the job. As a customer, that page put me on the defensive.
I would use that page to show the services I specialize in (which is whatever they are looking for in your area).
One more thing is that when you use terms like "POI" on your site, your potential customers have no idea what that means. Never confuse your customers. You want them to be impressed and informed, not wondering what you are talking about. My 2c

Very appealing when you open the site.
Under "services" you start out defending the price you are going to charge (you get what you pay for, etc.). I would save that till after you have priced the job. As a customer, that page put me on the defensive.
I would use that page to show the services I specialize in (which is whatever they are looking for in your area).
One more thing is that when you use terms like "POI" on your site, your potential customers have no idea what that means. Never confuse your customers. You want them to be impressed and informed, not wondering what you are talking about. My 2c

Thanks for the help Rockshot!

Best,

Open for constructive criticisms ...

Kestrel Solutions UAV
Very nice website design. I am also using the Wix platform. Lately I've been working to re-frame my services not from a technology or artistic perspective, but from the point of view of potential clients, customers, and the local providers of other kinds of services. One method that I found to be very useful is the Value Proposition Canvas., which focuses on identifying the types of jobs those other people are doing from time to time, their point-of-view of the gains and pains from doing those jobs, and how your offerings/capabilities help increase those gains or reduce those pains (ideally both!). That discovery and envisioning work should result in effective terms and phrases that resonate with their points-of-view, maybe leading to paying Contacts. I now spend more time probing to find out what people locally are doing that seems like Work to them (or restricts their potential income), and having discussions about how video from the air (or at ground-level) might help. Occasionally there are profitable discoveries and "soft" partnerships.

Very nice website design. I am also using the Wix platform. Lately I've been working to re-frame my services not from a technology or artistic perspective, but from the point of view of potential clients, customers, and the local providers of other kinds of services. One method that I found to be very useful is the Value Proposition Canvas., which focuses on identifying the types of jobs those other people are doing from time to time, their point-of-view of the gains and pains from doing those jobs, and how your offerings/capabilities help increase those gains or reduce those pains (ideally both!). That discovery and envisioning work should result in effective terms and phrases that resonate with their points-of-view, maybe leading to paying Contacts. I now spend more time probing to find out what people locally are doing that seems like Work to them (or restricts their potential income), and having discussions about how video from the air (or at ground-level) might help. Occasionally there are profitable discoveries and "soft" partnerships.

Thanks for the kind words, John ... Good luck with your endeavors!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM