Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

NDVI sensor question

Willtcam

Reaction score
Can someone explain what a sentera ndvi camera is going to offer over a mapir survey3 with calibration targets.

Sure thing! The sentera NDVI+ has much more accurate NDVI even with the mapir cal targets. Check out this paper for more in-depth reading (if you dont like clicking links google "white paper, Ryan nelson, NDVI")

https://sentera.com/wp-content/uplo...aper: NDVI Filtering Blog&utm_source=PDF File

Sentera offers a light sensor that can alleviate any worries you have about compatibility of data from day to day but as someone who flies a LOT I can say this whole issue has been way overblown and in the vast vast majority of my flights have been VERY comparable and consistent regardless of the ambient light.

The other big reason to get a sentera product is the software. In-field-maps, data analytics, stitching availabilities and even the beginnings of field prescriptions all while being very exportable, shareable and compatible with John deere software makes your post flight experience easy and valuable. There are trillions of dollars worth of big data out there that isn't being processed because the ability to collect it has been prioritized over the ability to interpret it. Sentera does a great job of doing both and making sure your data collection can actually be turned into profit.

If you have any other technical questions let me know!

Reactions: dempseycreekkid

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM