Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

New US made Drone From Carlson: The CAP50

I wonder if it's NDAA compliant. If not, it's not really an American drone when it comes to acceptance for many federal, state, and industry projects.

I have no idea. There is also the opinion of some that this is just a rebranded WISPR Ranger Pro 1100.

I sent Carlson an email asking both of those questions. I'll post here if they reply.

Reactions: Vic Moss
I have no idea. There is also the opinion of some that this is just a rebranded WISPR Ranger Pro 1100.

I sent Carlson an email asking both of those questions. I'll post here if they reply.
I'm guessing it is a WISPR, given this is directly from the WISPR industry partner page...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 6.00.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 6.00.46 PM.png
    642.3 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Dave Pitman

It is. I talked to them last week. Derek will probably respond, he's a pretty cool guy. I like Carlson a lot in general, I use their software extensively.

It's a good looking option in some ways. I like the specs on the aircraft. I'm curious how streamlined the whole setup and data collection workflow would be. As I told Derek it's a shame it's not easier to try these out in the field, you don't exactly get much chance to fly different systems once you settle on one. I'd really love to see it in person.

I wonder about the flight software and mission planning. It's all integrated into the controller, which can be a good thing, but can also suck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM