Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

NOTAMs

OK, gotcha. When flying full scale, I don't really want to know about uas ops below 400' agl. if that helps at all. If you're inspecting the runway, then yes, I would like to know. ;)

My bad, what kind and depending where the operational training missions are? Then yes you would have to contact the appropriate authorities even with drones
Also when you apply for a Drone flight waiver, your approved waiver will show up in NOTAM's

Last edited:
When we operated under our Section 333 Exemption we did but once we went with Part 107 (don't have a COA yet) we have not.

I do not but FSDO inspector once asked me while I was on phone with him....Kinda sounded like they want more 107’s to file them.

LUIS.....I know this is late, but wanted to let you know that we file Notams when we are going to be operating near class D or class E airspace. But that is only when it is a planned flight like working at a festival or scheduled event. When we are responding to an emergency call: SWAT, or foot pursuit...something along those lines we usually don't.

Now our COA requires use to file a Notam, again unless time does not permit it.

I'm currently operation in class G airspace so no I don't file. However I notify the Med flight people and the Hunt ranch that is about a mile from the college and has a crop dusting service.

Reactions: BigAl07
Like @R.Perry most of what we do is in GOLF so usually don't file a NOTAM. However, in certain instances we have created one in GOLF...

a) We were flying a large number of Search & Rescue aircraft in an area where "Tour" flights are common. Incidently, on day 2 we had a TFR created for the search (day 2-5 actually).
b) Last summer we had a large training session (23 UAS) and we were in a high traffic area for the local mediVac. We were located almost exactly in between the local hospital and the major interstate which creates a lot of "business" for the hospital. So out of the abundance of caution we submitted for a NOTAM in the operational area. We requested up to 400' AGL amd IIRC they denied it but offered 300'AGL. So of course we accepted 300' AGL and set that as a HARD ceiling for our operations.

Here's a snapshot of our training event:
img_2897crop_HDR2.jpg

I'm currently operation in class G airspace so no I don't file. However I notify the Med flight people and the Hunt ranch that is about a mile from the college and has a crop dusting service.

I've completed four flights in Class G. Out of the four two resulted in incidents with low flying helos (below 400 feet AGL). After the first (on my first GOLF flight) I always file with center now. It doesn't stop the rotorheads, but they have one less excuse for doing it.

I suppose where you are flying in an area with high potential of encounters with aircraft would warrant filing. If I had a job in a Class B,C,D air space I would definitely file along with authorization to operate in that airspace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku