Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

One-stop-shop for Drone Insurance

Ilan Yusim

Reaction score
Website
www.skywatch.ai
Hi all,

It took us a while but I'm very happy to update you that SkyWatch.AI is now offering hull insurance directly through our mobile app.
The hull insurance is a part of our monthly plan and covers drones, mounted equipment and related paraphernalia.

All drone pilots can now get their drone protected with an efficient and affordable solution directly through their mobile.

We would like to thank the SkyWatch.aI test-pilot community who helped us build and improve this service with their awesome feedback through the whole process.

I'd be happy to get your feedback and provide assistance.

Currently available only in the US

SkyWatchAI Hull Insurance.png

I had a good first two experiences with Skywatch.
However, one month ago I purchased one month of liability and hull insurance. I was confident that I had not checked or selected "auto-renew".
Unfortunately, I just received a charge for an additional month of insurance coverage.
And when I attempted to open the app on my iPhone, only a splash screen appears. No text, no icons. No way to use the app.
Maybe this is simply a technical problem that will be resolved soon. I hope so.

I had a good first two experiences with Skywatch.
However, one month ago I purchased one month of liability and hull insurance. I was confident that I had not checked or selected "auto-renew".
Unfortunately, I just received a charge for an additional month of insurance coverage.
And when I attempted to open the app on my iPhone, only a splash screen appears. No text, no icons. No way to use the app.
Maybe this is simply a technical problem that will be resolved soon. I hope so.

Hi John,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
This indeed looks like a technical issue.
Please contact [email protected] ASAP and we will handle your request.

Reactions: BigAl07
Readers: SkyWatch has been very responsive to my concerns. I have sent my perceptions and suggestions, which I hope will be implemented soon. I buy both liability and hull insurance when needed, because of unpredictability of demand for jobs that require my high-end equipment.

Based on my experience with other apps/websites that have implemented "auto-renew" (other than for "drone insurance"), I am not in favor of "opt-in by default" as a key setting in the app, given the current SkyWatch marketing of on-demand insurance coverage. I may be in the minority with that opinion. There's an argument for opt-in and for opt-out. When in the field under time, client, bright sunlight, other aircraft and other pressures, I need to focus on initiating coverage at that time, for the total time period that I choose (without unchecking a setting). I have plenty of other tasks to perform without fail.

Again, I am impressed with the speed and articulation of support from SkyWatch. Looking forward to doing business with them again soon.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Hi all,

It took us a while but I'm very happy to update you that SkyWatch.AI is now offering hull insurance directly through our mobile app.
The hull insurance is a part of our monthly plan and covers drones, mounted equipment and related paraphernalia.

All drone pilots can now get their drone protected with an efficient and affordable solution directly through their mobile.

We would like to thank the SkyWatch.aI test-pilot community who helped us build and improve this service with their awesome feedback through the whole process.

I'd be happy to get your feedback and provide assistance.

Currently available only in the US

View attachment 948
Can one purchase just the hull insurance?

Last edited:
Luis, unfortunately I did not find a way to purchase only hull insurance, otherwise I would have bought only that. From what I experienced with the app, one is forced to buy liability, then add hull insurance. In my case, I was seeking additional insurance to cover added components to an Inspire 2 (the aircraft itself was already covered by a policy from DJI).

On another note, I did run into a situation with my commercial licensing whereas the state of MN DOT does not accept many of the "on demand" insurance carriers because they will not provide adequate wording on a Certificate of Insurance to comply with their requirements. It would have been nice to use and save me a lot of money.

Its a requirement for commercial aircraft registered in MN. That is needed to fly for hire. The certificate of insurance has to state that MN DOT Aeronautics must be notified 10 days in advance of cancellation by the carrier.

Interesting. Here (AZ) there is no requirement (yet) to register commercial UAS with the state, hope no one gets any ideas....
How much is that in MN?
Did you try asking any on-demand carrier if they'll include that verbiage on their certificates?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy