Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

part 107 day waiver

johnsctt78

Reaction score
hi guys
late last year i was denied a part 107 day waiver,is there any sample requests that i could find on the net or go to for assistence on applying for a day waiver?

Kittyhawk has a good example. I just used it as the framework for mine. Got approved in 6 days.

I found the Kittyhawk example but not in word format so that it can be edited. I think the download is a pdf. Did you find it in a format that could be edited? Thanks.

I found the Kittyhawk example but not in word format so that it can be edited. I think the download is a pdf. Did you find it in a format that could be edited? Thanks.
hi Texbow i was able to use the Kittyhawk example. i submitted my request this past sunday.i did not hear anything yet, maybe thats a good sign,the first time i did a request i was denied in under 3 days

I downloaded it and then copied it into Word. Worked for me. Just highlight the text you want, hit copy then paste into word.

hi Texbow i was able to use the Kittyhawk example. i submitted my request this past sunday.i did not hear anything yet, maybe thats a good sign,the first time i did a request i was denied in under 3 days
I'm going to work on mine this weekend. Hopefully your approved soon. I'm still a little in the dark about the process. Just copied the Kittyhawk example myself. I assume after I edit for my own business I just mail it or can you submit electronically?

Reactions: johnsctt78
I'm going to work on mine this weekend. Hopefully your approved soon. I'm still a little in the dark about the process. Just copied the Kittyhawk example myself. I assume after I edit for my own business I just mail it or can you submit electronically?

You use the process located on the DroneZone website. Log into your account and submit there.

just online via there link FAADroneZone

I recieved my part 107.29 daytime waiver today, im soo happy, the kittyhawk example really helped me. it took about 2 weeks roughly ,i had to give more info before they considered

Did you remove some of the training in the KH example? It was pretty thorough.....I hope that’s not an issue with mine. I submitted it 5/8 and it just went “Under Review” today.
i made a small change to the training provided to the VO and any other party involved,just a small thing

Mine was approved today. The only changes they made were the Start Date and End Date. They made it valid for 4 years. 5/26/20 to 5/31/2024.
Dang, they used to be so hard to get back in 2016. Now they pass 'em out like candy; which is a good thing.
Seems like the feds are finally getting over their fears of drones .;)

Reactions: dronecyclops
I think they're recognizing the absurdity of the situation, where any old recreational joe can fly at night, but a trained, licensed drone pilot cannot. (should be the other way 'round) That, and we've hit on a winning example, the KittyHawk document. I used it as a basis and expanded the details to fit my operation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM