Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Part 107 drone reg: two options - $25 and $5

Hi All

Was just going to register my P4P and here (add drone to inventory under part 107 dashboard), it costs $5: Purchase Options

but here it costs $25: Purchase Options

anyone got any idea what the different is?

regards

mark

You are on a non-FAA website. These types of companies supposedly help you with the registration process and register on your behalf for a fee. They are just taking advantage of people.

Check out this link to register FAADroneZone

Just FYI for anyone reading this in the future... Aircraft Registration is $5 and only $5 (this is 2018 by the way just in case this thread gets really old). If you pay more than $5 be sure you are getting your $$ worth.

Some companies are doing this and ADDING VALUE by also sending you Reg decals etc.

I'm sure you're not the only one! They try and make these sites look like the official sites so people don't notice. You really have to look at the "fine print".
Its surprising how official that looks! And I'm an IT professional! I cant imagine how much money they will make before they are shut down.

http://registermyuas.faa.gov $5.oo for one recreational number that you will need for all of your recreational aircraft and $5.oo for each of your commercial aircraft. Registration is good for three years. You can do it online at the afore mentioned website. Only takes a couple of minutes and you can print out your Registration upon completion. The FAA has made tis a very simple and quick process. Glad to see that you are following the rules and registering.

Be careful! The one for $ 25.00 is NOT the FAA! They make it look and sound just like them, but there not! The cost of actually FAA registration is $ 5.00. This company may not be breaking the law, but they are on the line. Just make sure you go to the TRUE FAA web site for registration. :cool:

Be careful! The one for $ 25.00 is NOT the FAA! They make it look and sound just like them, but there not! The cost of actually FAA registration is $ 5.00. This company may not be breaking the law, but they are on the line. Just make sure you go to the TRUE FAA web site for registration. :cool:

While they are not the FAA they are registering sUAS via the official website just charging a premium for people who didn't catch the slight of hand.

I know a few of these offer added value to the service such as a nice printed and laminated ref card and printed reg #'s.

I still prefer to go directly with the official process and get/make my own labels and reg card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM