Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Part 107 License Renewal

I took the FAA free online 60 question test that is offered to licensed fixed wing pilots and received my 107 sUAS license after I received the FAA certificate of completion via email. I then took my logbook flight review within two years endorsement and the certificate to a flight instructor and completed the IACRA online forms. It took about six weeks to receive my permanent license. After completing the IACRA process you can print out a temporary certificate. I sincerely hope this helps, but another pilot I know has had issues getting a printout of the completion certificate from the FAA site, so it might be a problem. Sorry for your dilemma and problems as it can be frustrating.

Reactions: Texas_Willie
First off WELCOME to the forum :)

I don't think there IS a direct link because the system requires you to take the course and then the link is provided. I could be wrong as things might have changed since I took mine in 2016.

Have you tried using a different browser and logging in again to the same page? It could be a Spam/PopUp Blocker setting causing the problem.

Yep...I tried two different browsers Chrome and Bing. The requirement for someone with a Private Pilot's License is different.

And Thank You for the Welcome!

Got it...I just missed a couple of steps after exiting... and I disabled pop blockers....Thanks Guys!

Now, I am confused on what I need to do, after printing out the "Certificate of Achievement", if anything?

Got it...I just missed a couple of steps after exiting... and I disabled pop blockers....Thanks Guys!

Now, I am confused on what I need to do, after printing out the "Certificate of Achievement", if anything?

You need to schedule an appointment with a DPE (and they will probably charge a Min fee). Before your appointment you need to add your information into IACRA because the DPE will complete the process and submit everything in person. Be sure you have 2 "Current" forms of ID. I only had ONE with me and I had to get some "alternatives" faxed over to show proof of residency LOL

Reactions: Texas_Willie
You need to schedule an appointment with a DPE (and they will probably charge a Min fee). Before your appointment you need to add your information into IACRA because the DPE will complete the process and submit everything in person. Be sure you have 2 "Current" forms of ID. I only had ONE with me and I had to get some "alternatives" faxed over to show proof of residency LOL
DPE? Drone Pilot Examiner?

The bad news for me is I cannot get the IACRA website to accept my credentials...IE: Pilot Certificate Number and Date of Issuance. My license is over 45 years old and I had a duplicate issued mid to late 70's. I contacted the FAA and they looked up what is supposed to be the correct information...But I don't think they have it correct, even after sending me two different Dates of Issuance...The last email I got from the FAA was pretty snarky..."IACRA is not our system. It is a completely different system."

So I am totally at my wits end to figure out how to complete the process...Sorry, if this has turned into a rant, but I can't help it :)

Good question. Although mine will require renewal in March of 19 I am reviewing the Test Prep now. Can never get enough knowledge. I bought the FAR 2018 to review as well. I am going to take another on line course as well. Which one I have not chosen as of yet. I am leaning towards the Gold Seal. As Russ states, stay tuned.

I have been using REMOTEPILOT101.COM **** good website I recommend this to all Part 107 Certification lic. I got my lic Sept of 2016. Have been reviewing videos and taking his Pre- 60 question test to get up to par on all changes and changes. I take the test about 3 times during the week just to see if my score is better or worse. So far I have been making at a average 95%. Good luck your recertification.

V/R
SCOTTERIV

The latest grumblings I'm hearing from sources is that expiring 107 holders will have to re-take the test through a CATS center, just like we did the first time around. Of course, this is subject to change, but the ongoing recertification test has never been established and put in place. Soooo... worst case scenario, start planning to get that test scheduled ahead of time before the herd hits the soon-to-be-overwhelmed testing centers.

I honestly believe there is a lot of misinformation regarding the renewal of the 107 certificate after the two year issuance. To retake the full 107 test for licensed pilots that had already been issued the 107 certificate via the FAA 60 question exam and have to take the full CATS test at a testing center seems unrealistic. I might be wrong, but regular fixed wing pilots do not have to retake the FAA knowledge test to keep their FAA certificates after two years. Even CFI's don't have to take another FAA knowledge test when their certificates officially expire after two years. All they have to do is to take a refresher course. Time will tell when the first 107 rated pilot has to renew.

I am a licensed private pilot and according to the FAA website, I can get my sUAS certificate online, by completing the free course they have. I completed the course and at the end of it,it says to Exit the course and take the test. All well and good, except when I EXIT there is no link to take the 60 Question test.

I am praying someone can provide a direct link to the test here. Anyone?

TIA

TW
Go to FAASafety.gov and look for ALC-451.

DPE? Drone Pilot Examiner?

The bad news for me is I cannot get the IACRA website to accept my credentials...IE: Pilot Certificate Number and Date of Issuance. My license is over 45 years old and I had a duplicate issued mid to late 70's. I contacted the FAA and they looked up what is supposed to be the correct information...But I don't think they have it correct, even after sending me two different Dates of Issuance...The last email I got from the FAA was pretty snarky..."IACRA is not our system. It is a completely different system."

So I am totally at my wits end to figure out how to complete the process...Sorry, if this has turned into a rant, but I can't help it :)

Did you apply and receive a new plastic Pilot Certificate? The old paper ones are no longer valid. I went thru the same thing back when I received my 333 exemption.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV