Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Phantom 4 RTK is RID

I upgraded the firmware on the Phantom 4 RTK controller, drone and D-RTK 2 base station today thinking I'd get a fresh start on everything as long as I was activating the RID. Not exactly sure how I did it, but ended up with a firmware version V03.01.0000 (with a date of 2021-11-25) on the D-RTK2 and now the components aren't talking to each other. Anyone run into this before? It won't let me downgrade the firmware and I can't figure out a factory reset to start over. Any suggestion?

I upgraded the firmware on the Phantom 4 RTK controller, drone and D-RTK 2 base station today thinking I'd get a fresh start on everything as long as I was activating the RID. Not exactly sure how I did it, but ended up with a firmware version V03.01.0000 (with a date of 2021-11-25) on the D-RTK2 and now the components aren't talking to each other. Anyone run into this before? It won't let me downgrade the firmware and I can't figure out a factory reset to start over. Any suggestion?
Have you tried using the DJI asst program???

Yeah, I used the DJI Assist 2 as usual. However, took it out in the yard this morning to check things out and it now seems to be working normally. Not sure what I was missing. Probably operator error somewhere along the line. Having upgrade the firmware, do I need to somehow activate the P4 RTK on-board RID? I couldn't pick up the RID using the Drone Scanner app on my phone although the app instantly detects a Drone Beacon module I have for a different drone.

Yeah, I used the DJI Assist 2 as usual. However, took it out in the yard this morning to check things out and it now seems to be working normally. Not sure what I was missing. Probably operator error somewhere along the line. Having upgrade the firmware, do I need to somehow activate the P4 RTK on-board RID? I couldn't pick up the RID using the Drone Scanner app on my phone although the app instantly detects a Drone Beacon module I have for a different drone.
I guess I will never understand the need for drone operator to check on there own RID. All that is required by the operator is to ensure one is installed (either by manufacture or attached) register the device/or add the number on the FAA Drone Zone web site. There is no requirement for testing for workability, so if you are contacted by local authorities all you need to worry about is your normal paperwork (FAA registration card, Drone mark appropriately) you are not require to show if RID is active. All of that is in the FAA database when you added to the drones information.

Reactions: cdrjf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN