Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Phew..

Do you mean that you identified 25 locations to be surveyed at a later date? Or did the surveyor finally show up?

The surveyor never showed up and the client came back the next day instructing me to identify where the GCPs were located and they will decide which ones the surveyors will do the measurements.

Seems weird but that was what the client wanted.

Reactions: BigAl07
The surveyor never showed up and the client came back the next day instructing me to identify where the GCPs were located and they will decide which ones the surveyors will do the measurements.

Seems weird but that was what the client wanted.

And since THEY are writing the checks you simply said, "Yes sir. Consider it done." :)

And since THEY are writing the checks you simply said, "Yes sir. Consider it done." :)

Well ultimately I said "sure" but without advising them that I would gladly provide the data points if the surveyor needs them, or retake the flight (w/ fees of course), and that my deliverable I provided will not certified accurate. :)

Reactions: BigAl07
they will decide which ones the surveyors will do the measurements
That sounds like an awful waste of resources and time... How much more money would it really cost to pick up the extra GCPs and have a lot of good checks and a better accuracy assessment? I'm sure you told the client that, but it sounds like they really don't have an understanding of the process and that they're willing to shoot themselves in the foot to save a nickel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM