Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Pix4D vs Drone Deploy as of September 2020

jaja6009

Reaction score
This is just a comparison of Pix4D and Drone Deploy as of September 2020. I have heard that Drone Deploy does not use Pix4D Engine anymore (Heard, not confirmed).

Target

Bader Field in Atlantic City, NJ
Closed airport, now used for a variety of things
First airfield to call itself an airport in the world
Plenty of great use cases for photogrammetry(Construction, stockpiles, different buildings for 3D modeling)

Data

2300+ Images collected with a Parrot Anafi using Pix4D Capture (Only have 4 Phantom 4 Pro batteries and they take so long to recharge)
No altering of images. Uploaded with Cloud service used to process
Altitude 200' AGL
GSD .6"
No GCPs used as I am still up in the air of what hardware to use

Outputs

Pix4D Link :

Drone Deploy: DroneDeploy

I plan on having a Capturing Reality example soon.

Reactions: TreeLineView
I have used both and they both preform about the same. My issues is the lack of support from both sides (Manufactures & Software developers). When I mean support, I am talking about being available to be uploaded and used on CS/SC/Autel controller screen. This software is used primarily by commercial flyers (Part 107) and it is so unprofessional to have to use a phone, and tablets lack the nits (brightness) to be a workable solution in bright sunlight. Most of us go out and travel as light as possible, as we all know most of these projects may only take about 10 min tops. So, its not practical to take out a pop up (if you have the room to carry one). With the standards of remote ID coming in the next few years, you will need to use your phone as a hotspot for whatever device you plan on using. The CS/SC already have wifi built in and you do not have to worry about notifications popping up or worse cause your app to crash. We know this can be done, as Litchi has been able to be loaded on both the CS/SC and work without any issues. If Dronelink proves to be all it touts it could be a major player in mapping & waypoint software game.

Reactions: Gcarb63
I think pix4dcloud has way better client deliverables or sharing capabilities, in pix you can share a link that allows the end user to utilize the tools etc. pretty great in my opinion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143