Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Posting Images

EMS

Reaction score
How long do I need to keep my drone registered if I post images I take with it to a website that can sell those images? For example uploading to ShutterStock. Do I need to keep it registered or can I cancel registration once I no longer I want to upload Photos?

Your drone needs to be registered always, unless you're flying recreationally with a sub 250g drone.

I'm not sure what you mean here. But if you're flying to take photos or video for stock sales, you have to have a 107 as well. Which means the drones needs to be registered no matter the weight. And it has to remain registered as long as you're flying it.

Reactions: GFields
Your drone only need to be registered to fly. If you're not flying it, it doesn't need to be registered anymore.

I believe you can sell your photos as long as you had been a commercial pilot when you took them. That remote pilot license would not need to be in effect for the rest of your life to sell what you had already flown and shot as a professional. The FAA is only concerned about flight safety while taking the photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164