Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Problem with Pix4dMapper

R, did your organization consider setting up instances in AWS? Reading on Pix4d's site, it sounds like the best way to scale way up for those that need it. Just curious.

R, did your organization consider setting up instances in AWS? Reading on Pix4d's site, it sounds like the best way to scale way up for those that need it. Just curious.

It falls back to money. Our fiscal year begins in August. We have to submit a budget proposal beforehand. It may or may not be approved. When the fiscal year begins, the money is released but it sits in a master account until it is approved for spending which may or may not become available immediately (or sit there for up to 6-7 months). Once approved we are authorized to spend provided that some entity has not raided the funds in the holding account and spent it on a "priority' project (it happens frequently). The longer it sits in our account the more likely it will be diverted to someone else's project that is over budget.

I work for a government entity. The government does not always hire the most qualified candidates for a position. Government pay does not attract the best candidates for a position. I want to retire soon. Like Ron White said, "I have the right to remain silent, but I don't have the ability." I chose the path that allows the possibility of achieving my end goal without blasting the paint off all the walls in the compound....

I had an $16,000.00 budget this fiscal year. I paid all my subscriptions in September except for one (about 4K). The rest disappeared like a fart in the wind without ever touching my discretionary account, so, no maintenance on existing equipment, no battery spares, no extra charger, no new PPE for the oncoming student workers, etc...and my Propeller subscription lapsed in April. Eight more years to go till retirement.....sorry for the vent. I really enjoy the group of people I work with and the job I do. Otherwise I would be making a living at roughly double what I am getting by on now.

Anyone have an external GPU setup that works?

In what context? The discussion was about Pix4D and most of the heavy lifting is done by the CPU in that application. If you want to explore best performing external GPUs in general, I would ask on the Divinci Resolve forum as Resolve processing is highly GPU dependent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM