Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Producing a SWOT Analysis of Your Local Market is What Professionals Do!

thecordman

Reaction score
Website
www.mydronecareer.com
Hi,

If you want to be a successful commercial drone pilot it is essential that you have a clear understanding of your local market. The most effective method to do this is to carry out a SWOT Analysis. It will enable you to identify new opportunities that can take your business to the next level just by making a few phone calls. Or to identify threats that if you don't provide solutions to could waste six months of your time.

A SWOT Analysis generally takes around 2 hours. A process that could have a huge impact on your business.

For example, there maybe a few marketing companies in your local area who will happily outsource aerial photography to you from their existing customers. You have to know these opportunities exist!

If you are new to carry out SWOT Analysis I have made a video on this. A SWOT Analysis is free and could completely change the success of your business.

Reactions: Ilan Yusim
While I do agree that a SWOT is a great idea I think it should be included into a well developed Business Plan.
For those who aren't familiar with this term:
SWOT analysis is a strategic planning technique used to help a person or organization identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats related to business competition or project planning
SWOT analysis - Wikipedia

Also, speaking as someone who has done several business plans over the years, it would be very difficult to create a strong and detailed SWOT in a couple of hours. It takes research and time to get it done right. Our last business plan (granted it's more than just a SWOT) was built over the course of 6 months by a team of 6 people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmcclure.wadnr