Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Proper and improper way wearing a mask???

AH-1G

Reaction score
Website
digitalphotographypainting.weebly.com
This is a long read but it explains the pros and cons of N95, surgical masks and home made masks.
I haven't worn any masks yet and now I know why?

Last edited:
I've been using N95s in my job for decades. They are fairly simple. You fit them properly and all kinds of stuff stays out of your respiratory system. ?
Lesson over. :)

Be well everyone!

Reactions: R Martin and AH-1G
N95 respirators when worn for work need to be fitted. It's not one size fits all. You are fit tested to a size and sometimes brand if you lack multiple sizes. You must be trained in putting them on, wearing them and taking them off and how to do a seal check as well as other training requirements. Not doing all of that may see results that are less than spectacular. Not a mask expert, but someone who was on the receiving end of a PEOSH/OSHA audit and it blew my mind that it's not a mask but a respirator. ?

Reactions: Phaedrus
Yep, PPE is not as simple as it seems. But then again the point for the average person is to try to give some degree of protection to others rather than protect the wearer from others. This is why even homemade face coverings can offer some degree of protection to others.

The answer to the question "should everyone where a mask?" is yes.

The only reason the initial answer from public officials in the beginning of this pandemic was "no" was concerns about shortages.

How effective different types of mask are is a matter of material and fit. In one test that was done with N95 versus surgical mask the infection rate with the surgical mask was actually lower than with the N95.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM