Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Question About Service and Serial #'s

SanCap

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sancapaerial.com
I sent my Inspire 2 in for repair/replacement of the vibration mount and received an Inspire 2 with a different serial number. It was only a $260 repair. I know that by some distinguishing marks I did not get my original aircraft back and would like to know if I received just a repaired I2 with different parts or a "Refurbished Unit"

The s/n is definitely different on the side of the battery slot than what I sent in. I am happy with my new aircraft but have no idea of flight time on it. My self imposed operations manual requires I know flight time and serial numbers. My insurance requires a specific serial number and I could be misrepresenting what I now own and may not be covered if I have an incident. My FAA registration is now void and I must re register my aircraft.

After I sent this copter in I purchased a known "Refurbished I2" from DJI and had planned to sell my high time I2 at a very reduced cost to someone as a backup. I have since updated my insurance, registration and records. Has anyone else ran into this? Any thoughts?

I had a similar thing happen. I opened a ticket with DJI complaining about an error message I was getting on my P4 while in the simulator portion of DJI Go 4. Despite my feeling that it was clearly software/firmware related, I shipped my drone to them for examination.

I'd flown this for fewer than 20 hours but when it was returned I saw that they had replaced my unit with an older (based on the serial number) P4. I was very disappointed and, frankly, didn't even think about the hours issue you mention.

I too had to remove the old and register the new with the FAA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164