Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Real Estate Shot list

I am no photographer but it seems like at times it is hard to pick out the subject house because all of the other houses take up so much of the frame. I guess it is good to provide perspective but it seems to me that the you are not zoomed in on the subject home enough. Just my $0.02.

Reactions: BigAl07
I am no photographer but it seems like at times it is hard to pick out the subject house because all of the other houses take up so much of the frame. I guess it is good to provide perspective but it seems to me that the you are not zoomed in on the subject home enough. Just my $0.02.

Bryan nailed it. I don't know if "zooming in" will be the trick or if "highlighting" the residence with graphics or some other means to make it be obvious.

Reactions: The-Drone-Lady
Your rise and reverse shot is good, but you needed to start closer and a little lower in my opinion. The others are shot too high.
Most real estate shoots done for realtors are short and start at ground level or close to it then rise and pull away like you did in your rise in reverse. What I have been told by some, they want about 5 to 10 seconds max.

Reactions: BigAl07
My golden rule for new aerial RE photogs and videographers...
You're not a roof inspector. :)
Keep the shingle shots to a minimum and focus on the 25°-45° angles as much as possible.

Reactions: lalvar41
Not to be super critical, especially since I have not even done my first shoot for anyone, but I wasn't sure if you were trying to showcase the exterior of the house or doing a roof inspection. One thing I have learned from videos that I have put together for my own personal non commercial use is, you don't always get the best shots from a drone at 100, 200 or 400 feet. Some of the best shots are from 7, 15 and 40 feet AGL. I know some would say well why would you want to use a drone at 7 feet when you can use a standard DSLR, but it is much easier to get a smooth steady dolly shot or boom shot with a drone that it is with an un-stabilized DSLR. Also I can fly over shrubs, plants, kids toys, swimming pools and a lot of other places you can't walk with a DSLR.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM