Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Real, legit, bill paying drone business

Here in is the problem, most work is during the week, but very little flying. There is a lot to construction documentation. I spend two hours flying and three hours with documentation, uploading, ect.
I'm the only drone pilot for our branch that only flies, the remaining people do interior documentation, aerial, and some still exterior photography. I only work two days a week for Multivista. I'm semi retired so it is perfect for a retired person, but couldn't live off the income alone.

Would Multivista have offices in Washington or Oregon R.Perry? I would not mind traveling either state if they provide travel pay? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Hi Christopher

Multivista has branches all over the country. The corporate is in Vancouver, BC. The way our branch works is I get hourly travel pay plus mileage, so basically I'm paid portal to portal and my vehicle expenses are well covered. Hourly rate is based on experience, and whatever you can negotiate. I've been asked not to give our my hourly rate but it is very good. As we all know, different parts of the country can have much different pay scales. For a good drone pilot and photographer I would say 30 to 40 per hour is realistic, if you are a contractor, a bit more depending on who covers the insurance. Multivista in Oregon phone # is 503-858-8836

Would Multivista have offices in Washington or Oregon R.Perry? I would not mind traveling either state if they provide travel pay? Thank you.

Hi Christopher

Multivista has branches all over the country. The corporate is in Vancouver, BC. The way our branch works is I get hourly travel pay plus mileage, so basically I'm paid portal to portal and my vehicle expenses are well covered. Hourly rate is based on experience, and whatever you can negotiate. I've been asked not to give our my hourly rate but it is very good. As we all know, different parts of the country can have much different pay scales. For a good drone pilot and photographer I would say 30 to 40 per hour is realistic, if you are a contractor, a bit more depending on who covers the insurance. Multivista in Oregon phone # is 503-858-8836[/QUOTE]

Thank you R.Perry. Good stuff. I'll contact them Monday.

I'm in my 12th business year as a property inspector and just added a drone to my tool box. I've lived without one this long, but it pays for itself every time I don't have to climb on a 2 story roof or inspect a tall commercial building.

Just passed my FAA exam last week and used it on 3 jobs so far. It saved my *** on the very first job as I discovered something I could not see from the ground, even with binoculars.

I still climb and use binoculars and spotting scopes because often its faster but I now have an extra measure of safety when I need it. And an extra set of eyes to find things that are otherwise concealed.

Reactions: Christopher Enges
I'm in my 12th business year as a property inspector and just added a drone to my tool box. I've lived without one this long, but it pays for itself every time I don't have to climb on a 2 story roof or inspect a tall commercial building.

Just passed my FAA exam last week and used it on 3 jobs so far. It saved my *** on the very first job as I discovered something I could not see from the ground, even with binoculars.

I still climb and use binoculars and spotting scopes because often its faster but I now have an extra measure of safety when I need it. And an extra set of eyes to find things that are otherwise concealed.

That is exactly how I got started flying drones. Had a home inspection & real estate photography business and the drone proved to be a wonderful tool. Not only that by doing total roof photos you have documentation to support anything you call out. They are also wonderful for large industrial buildings and cut the interior inspection time down dramatically.

Good luck, I let my grandson take over the inspection business.

Reactions: Weaponized
Hi Christopher

Multivista has branches all over the country. The corporate is in Vancouver, BC. The way our branch works is I get hourly travel pay plus mileage, so basically I'm paid portal to portal and my vehicle expenses are well covered. Hourly rate is based on experience, and whatever you can negotiate. I've been asked not to give our my hourly rate but it is very good. As we all know, different parts of the country can have much different pay scales. For a good drone pilot and photographer I would say 30 to 40 per hour is realistic, if you are a contractor, a bit more depending on who covers the insurance. Multivista in Oregon phone # is 503-858-8836

Thank you R.Perry. Good stuff. I'll contact them Monday.[/QUOTE]
Does Multivista have any offices around northeastern Alabama? Travel's not a problem, doing that with my current job.

Thank you R.Perry. Good stuff. I'll contact them Monday.
Does Multivista have any offices around northeastern Alabama? Travel's not a problem, doing that with my current job.[/QUOTE]

Funny you asked about Alabama, their drone training center is in Huntsville Al, and anyone that works for Multivista must go through their training. The company that does the training is Avion, they also work with the Army, the instructors there are first class, and use military style of training.

Anyone that wants information about branches only needs to do a google search of multivista and the state.

They have a office in Mountain Brook, AL
here is the phone 205-868-0801

Good Luck

Reactions: BigAl07
Does Multivista have any offices around northeastern Alabama? Travel's not a problem, doing that with my current job.

Funny you asked about Alabama, their drone training center is in Huntsville Al, and anyone that works for Multivista must go through their training. The company that does the training is Avion, they also work with the Army, the instructors there are first class, and use military style of training.

Anyone that wants information about branches only needs to do a google search of multivista and the state.

They have a office in Mountain Brook, AL
here is the phone 205-868-0801

Good Luck[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN