Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Realtors !

People use the terms Realtor and real estate agent interchangeably, but they aren't the same thing. Both must be licensed to sell real estate, but there are some important distinctions. Not every real estate agent is a Realtor

People use the terms Realtor and real estate agent interchangeably, but they aren't the same thing. Both must be licensed to sell real estate, but there are some important distinctions. Not every real estate agent is a Realtor
Real Estate is an area I'm very familiar with and I can say that the only people who really make that distinction are Realtors.

A Realtor is a real estate agent who is an active member of the National Association of Realtors (NAR)

Reactions: MikeA

What's the Difference Between a Realtor and an Agent?​

RealtorsReal Estate Agents
Must pass agent licensing requirements in their stateMust pass agent licensing requirements in their state
Must additionally pass the NAR Code of Ethics courseAren't subject to additional requirements
Are members of the National Association of Realtors membersAre not NAR members

A real estate agent has obtained a state license to assist consumers in buying or selling properties. Realtors are agents who have gone one step further—they've also become members of the National Association of Realtors (NAR).

Requirements for Realtors​

A Realtor can be a real estate agent, a broker-associate, a managing broker, or an exclusive buyer's agent, and this is just the beginning of the list. What sets them apart is that they must subscribe to the Realtor Code of Ethics for membership, and this includes 17 separate articles that contain various underlying Standards of Practice.

Real Estate is an area I'm very familiar with and I can say that the only people who really make that distinction are Realtors.

A Realtor is a real estate agent who is an active member of the National Association of Realtors (NAR)

There you go ruining someones day. They paid for that credential fair and square! </sarcasm>

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: MikeA and BigAl07
You can thank all the "Joe Blows" out there that charge 50/75 bucks for a real-estate shoots with their toy drones. That's why I got out of that line of work. Very happy doing power line and tower inspections and there is no quibbling about the price. :D
Hi Grumpy, I was wondering if you would share how I could find companies in my area (Florida Pan Handle) that have work in Power Lines and Tower Inspections. I have been concentrating in Real Estate but I am trying to expand my income possibilities. Thanks...any info on how to go about finding these types of gigs is greatly appreciated!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM