Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Realty Statistics

PGreza

Reaction score
Are there any studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of adding drone video footage and photos to a realty listing versus just the normal interior exterior shots?

@PGreza First - Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

I would suggest contacting your local Realtor. The house next to me just went on the market and they were holding an open house, so I stopped in. Of course I brought up the topic of the use of drones for real estate. The agent told me that their office use aerial photos a lot. I asked if the person in the office was Part 107 certified. She said the person was not. I explained the possible consequences for using a non certified pilot. Today I will being doing aerials of the house next door to me :)

Thanks for the reply, I’ll be looking for some open houses in my area. I also feel a great selling point is the Pt 107 requirements.
I was able to find some statistics on the web. One constant was that the higher price listings seemed to utilize aerial photography more often. I’ve been scoping out property in my area $150K and above, especially rural listings.
Here’s one sites statistics:

Depends on the market and the value of the property. In a HOT market, homes move so fast that often there's an offer within days and many times the homes sell as soon as they're listed or even before. There's no time or even need for images.

If a property takes longer than a couple of weeks to sell but will probably go within a month, just need some quickie images for MLS. Enough for browsers to decide if they want to go see the house or not. Smartphone snaps are mostly used by the Realtor for the interiors but they'll sometimes use aerials.

A slow-moving property, commercial property, rural property or a $1m + property will often get quality images and aerials. They'll want at least 25+ images and a 2-minute video.

Did you happen to notice what that site is? Might make your opinion of their "statistics" change.

Reactions: Mavic Mac
Depends on the market and the value of the property. In a HOT market, homes move so fast that often there's an offer within days and many times the homes sell as soon as they're listed or even before. There's no time or even need for images.

If a property takes longer than a couple of weeks to sell but will probably go within a month, just need some quickie images for MLS. Enough for browsers to decide if they want to go see the house or not. Smartphone snaps are mostly used by the Realtor for the interiors but they'll sometimes use aerials.

A slow-moving property, commercial property, rural property or a $1m + property will often get quality images and aerials. They'll want at least 25+ images and a 2-minute video.

Did you happen to notice what that site is? Might make your opinion of their "statistics" change.
Makes sense. Thanks

We are in a HOT market here where I live and I'd say 75% of all my jobs have at least some degree of Aerial Images. I've found my biggest benefit is that we offer ground images, aerial images, interior images, and virtual tours. It's hard to be "just aerial" because you're one more schedule, one more person to communicate with, and one more check to write. Realtors want to make one phone call/text and be done with it.

We have had some of our listings sell within 3 days and the Realtors have given us a LOT of credit for that due to the quality of our total packages. It helps that we are in close contact with the local Realtors and they call us the moment they have the property/home secured so we get involved on the front end and build their MLS package for them up front.

For the record, I've worked with SoldByAir for a few years now and they have always been top notch and very informed about our industry. Josh is a stand up guy.

We are in a HOT market here where I live and I'd say 75% of all my jobs have at least some degree of Aerial Images. I've found my biggest benefit is that we offer ground images, aerial images, interior images, and virtual tours. It's hard to be "just aerial" because you're one more schedule, one more person to communicate with, and one more check to write. Realtors want to make one phone call/text and be done with it.

We have had some of our listings sell within 3 days and the Realtors have given us a LOT of credit for that due to the quality of our total packages. It helps that we are in close contact with the local Realtors and they call us the moment they have the property/home secured so we get involved on the front end and build their MLS package for them up front.

For the record, I've worked with SoldByAir for a few years now and they have always been top notch and very informed about our industry. Josh is a stand up guy.
Thank you for your input. It is always good to hear about the work climate around the various parts of the country.

I'm one that doesn't even seek realty any longer because most realtors don't want to pay anything. Now I have found with I mil plus properties especially ranches or farmland they will pay well for aerial work, but you also need to do interior and ground level photography and do it fairly well.

I'm one that doesn't even seek realty any longer because most realtors don't want to pay anything. Now I have found with I mil plus properties especially ranches or farmland they will pay well for aerial work, but you also need to do interior and ground level photography and do it fairly well.
When I was in real estate (pre-drone) I did all of my own photography. I still checkout house on Realtor.com and cannot believe some of the atrocious photographs that agents post. I think those two apes flying the drone could do better !

Reactions: BigAl07 and BigL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM