Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Recommended Drone for Videography, Photography & Minor Commercial Usage for Start-Up

AlexanderDitz

Reaction score
Hello together,
I started flying since early 2020 with a DJI Mini 2, making pictures and videos from our Europe travels for IG and private use.
Since a few weeks I'm looking into starting a drone side hustle.

I was thinking to upgrade to a DJI Mavic 3 Classic, Air2S or eventually to a Mavic 3E (To have more commercial job options), but not sure whether I should go straight with the more expensive drone or not.
The only problem I see with the Air2S is, that I would need to purchase the RC Pro Controller in order to be able to use 3rd Parties.

My plan is to start out with only photos and videos for Real-Estate, Roof-Inspection, Marketing Videos for apartment buildings, etc. - Residential & Commercial.

I would be happy for any advice from all of you, since I'm very unsure what drone I should buy.

Thank you all
Alex

Last edited:
It's always wiser to spend less money at first and expand as the need arises.

If the Air 2s meets your standards, you can use 3rd party apps with a regular controller and phone or preferably a tablet and also have the older Smart Controller (which is generally too slow for 3rd party apps but a great tool otherwise) and use both remotes interchangeably

Switching between remotes is very easy and doesn't take more than a minute.

Reactions: AlexanderDitz
Hi Pnovotny,
thank you for the advice. Definitely good points and idea with the 2 remotes.
Appreciate :), makes determine which way to go easier, with the feedback from others with experience.

Thanks again

Reactions: Pnovotny
Are you saying the Air 2s allows simultaneous use of 2 remotes, a primary and a secondary, like the Mavic 2 Pro does?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143