Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Recurrent Test Question

MapMaker53

Reaction score
Website
www.zazzle.com
Upon passing my original Part 107 Exam in 2016, I was handed an Airman Knowledge Test Report (just one page), which is stamped DO NOT LOSE THIS REPORT. I still have it. I do not recall having to produce that paper upon my arrival at my 2016 recurrent exam. I only recall producing my Certificate card as proof that I was eligible to take the exam. I am now about to schedule my 2020 recurrent exam for this month and I'm not sure I have a similar Airman Knowledge Test Report from 2016 as I haven't looked through my home files yet. Can anyone tell me if one is required to produce this paper when checking in for the recurrent exam, or do you just need to show your Remote Pilot Certificate card as well as other required proof of identification?

Upon passing my original Part 107 Exam in 2016, I was handed an Airman Knowledge Test Report (just one page), which is stamped DO NOT LOSE THIS REPORT. I still have it. I do not recall having to produce that paper upon my arrival at my 2016 recurrent exam. I only recall producing my Certificate card as proof that I was eligible to take the exam. I am now about to schedule my 2020 recurrent exam for this month and I'm not sure I have a similar Airman Knowledge Test Report from 2016 as I haven't looked through my home files yet. Can anyone tell me if one is required to produce this paper when checking in for the recurrent exam, or do you just need to show your Remote Pilot Certificate card as well as other required proof of identification?

I took my initial Part 107 test in 2016.

In 2018, I took the recurrent test and I just showed my FAA Remote Pilot license and my driver's license.

All you need is your certificate card from the FAA and maybe a driver license as proof of ID. That was required at my proctor site when I recently took mine recurrency. The proctor site had a web page that told you what to bring and what not to bring.

Attachments

• testing_matrix.pdf
    193.9 KB · Views: 7
Okay thanks. Couldn't recall having to produce that paper and am glad I don't have to look for it.

Here's a tip for everyone. DO NOT punch a hole in your card to hang it from a lanyard like I did. I had punched the hole in a blank area on the card and was told at the exam that the card was invalid because of that. It took a few calls to the FAA by the center to finally allow me to take the test after I argued that nowhere have I ever read that punching a hole in he card invalidates it. They explained to me that the way the FAA destroys a card is by punching a hole through the hologram -- which I had not done. Anyway, it was recommended that I replace it with a new un-punched card, which I have done. btw.. A replacement card comes with a new issue date, which is the date of replacement.

You should not have to bring your original test reports. I have only needed to bring my remote pilot certificate and a picture ID. I would double check with your test site. Also, I have found it helpful to take a picture of my test reports with my cell phone as a back up. Not sure if it would help but just something I have been doing.

Reactions: MapMaker53
Good to know. I actually thought that the 107 certificate wasn't needed either. I based my comment on others who indicated there's were required.

It may be up to each individual testing center. My center is one of the old CATS center. PSI may be more particular about these. It's a good idea to take it anyway. I fly all the time, so my PRC lives in my wallet anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM