Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

registered drone 107

johnsctt78

Reaction score
hi guys
since im now part 107,do i need to move my mavic pro that i was flying recreational over to part 107 on the registration part of the faa webpage?right now it is registered as recreational,if i do can anyone give me pionters on how to add it to the 107 side of the registration webpage

hi guys
since im now part 107,do i need to move my mavic pro that i was flying recreational over to part 107 on the registration part of the faa webpage?right now it is registered as recreational,if i do can anyone give me pionters on how to add it to the 107 side of the registration webpage

Registered is registered unless you fall into special isolated categories. Your registration is good for three years. Your 107 cert is what differentiates you from the recreational crowd. That is what you need to fly commercially.

Reactions: johnsctt78
Look at it this way, just maybe, very doubtful you might get audit by the FAA? ?
Always have your log book updated no matter what type of flying you've done.
As a real pilot, I made this log sheet for my drone flights, very simple.Flight Log.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: johnsctt78
hi guys
I see a lot of different responses to your questions. I'll try to summarize and clarify:
  • You have already registered YOURSELF on the DroneZone site as a RPIC. Good. You only need to do that once.
  • At that point you should have put your FAA registration number on the outside of your MP.
  • If at this point you only use your MP for recreational purposes you do not need to do anything at all.
  • If you do wish to use your MP for commercial purposes then you need to go to the Part 107 section of the DroneZone site and register that specific drone. It will ask you for the make, model, and serial number. You will be charged $5. Remove the old number from your MP and put the new number on it.
  • Now you can use your MP for both recreational flights and commercial flights. You can switch back and forth between flights as long as you know the intent of the flight prior to each one. You cannot switch between commercial and hobbyist mid-flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiweets Tool