Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Registering a Drone for a Public Entity

noahtillotson

Reaction score
Hello, we recently started a drone program for our fire department and purchased a drone.

Does anyone know the proper way to register said drone? I don't want to register it under an individual.

Hello, we recently started a drone program for our fire department and purchased a drone.

Does anyone know the proper way to register said drone? I don't want to register it under an individual.

You create an account under the "Dept". I've done this several times for Depts I've set up. Once that account is created then you simply register it on the account under the Part 107 side of the portal.

If you have any snags drop me a note and I'll try to help if I can.

Initially, establishing a business account on the FAA DroneZone is necessary, which is also applicable for public safety departments. Start by creating an account for your business or organization. During the profile setup, particularly in the "Part 107 Account Details" section, make sure to enter your business or organization’s name in the "Part 107 account name" field.

After establishing your account, proceed to register your drones in the Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) inventory located within the Part 107 dashboard.

For a detailed step-by-step guide, visit the FAA's official page on getting started with UAS and navigate to the "How to create a business account..." section.

Reactions: noahtillotson
Initially, establishing a business account on the FAA DroneZone is necessary, which is also applicable for public safety departments. Start by creating an account for your business or organization. During the profile setup, particularly in the "Part 107 Account Details" section, make sure to enter your business or organization’s name in the "Part 107 account name" field.

After establishing your account, proceed to register your drones in the Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) inventory located within the Part 107 dashboard.

For a detailed step-by-step guide, visit the FAA's official page on getting started with UAS and navigate to the "How to create a business account..." section.
Extremely helpful, thank you sir.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143