Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Restricted zone around stadium

Perch

Reaction score
Hi! I am looking at a flight in or near a restricted stadium zone in my DJI app. Looks like 2 overlapping blue Geo Zones. Airmap has me at a 200 grid in Class C Airspace. The only thing I'm unsure of is the red restricted zone around the university football stadium. The Geo Zones shouldn't be an issue, as well as the Class C Airspace. How would I go about getting cleared for something like that restricted space? And also get DJI unlock? Or would this be a Custom Unlock - which I have not done yet. It would be during non event times, and would not be flying over any stadium. I am actually looking specifically at this intersection: Bradbury Drive Southeast & Avenida Cesar Chavez
Thanks for any help or insight!
TC

Hi! I am looking at a flight in or near a restricted stadium zone in my DJI app. Looks like 2 overlapping blue Geo Zones. Airmap has me at a 200 grid in Class C Airspace. The only thing I'm unsure of is the red restricted zone around the university football stadium. The Geo Zones shouldn't be an issue, as well as the Class C Airspace. How would I go about getting cleared for something like that restricted space? And also get DJI unlock? Or would this be a Custom Unlock - which I have not done yet. It would be during non event times, and would not be flying over any stadium. I am actually looking specifically at this intersection: Bradbury Drive Southeast & Avenida Cesar Chavez
Thanks for any help or insight!
TC

If the stadium is an NCAA Tier 1 facility, the TFR only applies when a scheduled event is taking place. Our's kicks in 1 hour before the event and runs two hours after the event is over to allow everyone to clear the area. Anything within a 1 mile radius is shut down while it is active. Check with the administration to ensure no event is planned and you are good to go.

Thanks for the info! But if the DJI app is seeing it as a restricted zone, won't the app keep me grounded in that area?
Thanks again!

Thanks for the info! But if the DJI app is seeing it as a restricted zone, won't the app keep me grounded in that area?
Thanks again!

The only time I had an issue with my Inspire was on a Saturday an event was scheduled. I never had an issue when something was not happening.

Reactions: Perch
Great! Good to know! Maybe I'll check it out ahead of time. The Geo Zone unlock will be good for a couple of days, so I should be able to try it prior.

Thanks for the help! Shoot went great! The TFR was only for game times. Got my DJI Geo Zone unlock prior. Had a C-130 doing touch and go and the turns were about 500 feet above us, but I'd just drop down for him, even though I had 200 foot ceiling LAANC only going about 175. :)

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM