Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

RFID

Z-Fire

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an air 2 , will I still be able to fly next month when RFID starts?

Reactions: BigL
I'm looking to buy an air 2 , will I still be able to fly next month when RFID starts?

First off WELCOME to the forum :)

RFID doesn't go into effect until sometime late 2023. Next month the regs will be updated in regards to Night Flights w/o Waiver and Operations Over People. RFID components are included in OOP but those aspects are 2023.

Thanks BigAl for the info. I have been in professional RC for 35 years , but will be buying my first "real" quad in the next week or two. Just trying to research first. I will only be flying as recreational/ hobbyist. Would part 107 be an advantage or disadvantage?
BTW what is OOP?

Thanks BigAl for the info. I have been in professional RC for 35 years , but will be buying my first "real" quad in the next week or two. Just trying to research first. I will only be flying as recreational/ hobbyist. Would part 107 be an advantage or disadvantage?
BTW what is OOP?

Unless you need to operate in Controlled Airspace at elevations higher than available through the LANC's Automatic Submission System or you are looking for fly FOR something other than Recreational ~44809 there's not a lot of advantage to Part 107 in and of itself. I do think everyone should go through the hassle of getting it because I feel like it's the LEAST information we should be operating with in the National Airspace System.

OOP - Operating Over People

I do think everyone should go through the hassle of getting it because I feel like it's the LEAST information we should be operating with in the National Airspace System.
^^THIS^^

I also think the education you get on the NAS, where and when you can operate, how to look for this information and everything else will help make you a much more responsible, knowledgeable drone pilot. Plus, in the event of any local authority interactions, it'll give you more "cred" than the common Joe just out flying his drone.

Even RC clubs, if you want to fly at their fields, require some sort of initial supervised training before they let you fly on your own.

Training = Good Thing

Reactions: R.Perry and BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143