Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

RID deadline

Kyle76

Reaction score
I keep seeing that the RID requirement deadline is September, but nowhere have I seen whether it is Sept. 1, Sept. 15, Sept. 30 or exactly when. I am waiting for DJI to provide the firmware update for my Mavic 2 Air, which they have said will be “by Sept. 30”, so I’m not sure if there will be a gap from the actual FAA deadline if it doesn’t come until late in the month.

I keep seeing that the RID requirement deadline is September, but nowhere have I seen whether it is Sept. 1, Sept. 15, Sept. 30 or exactly when. I am waiting for DJI to provide the firmware update for my Mavic 2 Air, which they have said will be “by Sept. 30”, so I’m not sure if there will be a gap from the actual FAA deadline if it doesn’t come until late in the month.
The 16th, but that's a Saturday. So, probably the next weekday, Monday the 18th. That's a guess, unless they postpone again.

Reactions: Kyle76
Sept 16, 2023 is when the requirement for RID goes into effect. DJI recently released an updated timeline for drones that are still on their roadmap for RID compliance. I will look for that email and post. Definitely remember some legacy drones not being updated until Dec 23.

Since the date is part of a new law (budgetary authorization) it cannot be changed. However on one of the Zoom webinars I saw this week, there is discussion that the actual enforcement may be put off but, that is not cast in stone. So I guess it is still wait and see!

DJI recently released an updated timeline for drones that are still on their roadmap for RID compliance. I will look for that email and post. Definitely remember some legacy drones not being updated until Dec 23.
If you have the updated dates, please do post them! TIA!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN