Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Saving improperly closed files

JimPreviti

Reaction score
This is probably a rookie question. I am new to Drone Photography. I am utilizing a DJI Mini 2 and editing with DaVinci Resolve 17. As most photographers know, if you power down the drone before closing a file it leaves the file in an unstable state. I have two files from my last outing that might have suffered this fate. The files load into DaVinci and I can edit them. They fail during the rendering process and I notice in the timeline that there is no time information. Is there any process I could use that would repair these files? They both play normally in VLC.

This is probably a rookie question. I am new to Drone Photography. I am utilizing a DJI Mini 2 and editing with DaVinci Resolve 17. As most photographers know, if you power down the drone before closing a file it leaves the file in an unstable state. I have two files from my last outing that might have suffered this fate. The files load into DaVinci and I can edit them. They fail during the rendering process and I notice in the timeline that there is no time information. Is there any process I could use that would repair these files? They both play normally in VLC.
I had some difficulty with files awhile back that my aging memory tells me was similar. I think the solution was simply to place the memory cards back in the drone, start it up, and perhaps wait a minute before shutting it down. Maybe avoid using the camera during this time. After that the files were OK. I don't remember for certain. Give that a try and let us know if it worked.

I had some difficulty with files awhile back that my aging memory tells me was similar. I think the solution was simply to place the memory cards back in the drone, start it up, and perhaps wait a minute before shutting it down. Maybe avoid using the camera during this time. After that the files were OK. I don't remember for certain. Give that a try and let us know if it worked.
On Yuneec Drones, I know that you had to put the card back in, start the drone, then start a recording and stop it. The software closed the other one out properly.

Reactions: RussOnTheRoad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91