Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Seek CompactPro Thermal Camera + Drone

Brent10

Reaction score
Website
www.newmanimaging.com
Does anyone have information about flying a Seek CompactPro on a UAS?
I saw a Raspberry Pi powered CompactPro that purportedly could be used for aerial thermal imaging but I was unable get any details about the set-up.

Given its lower price point ($499) at 320 X 240 resolution it would be a more affordable entry point for those of us just getting our feet wet in thermal imaging.

Reactions: ArrUnTuS
ArrUnTuS,

Nice new thermal camera. I have been looking at the Flir lineup as well. What airborne platform are you using/planning on using the Vue Pro R on?

A 680 DIY Quadricopter. I'm thinking about mounting a Hexacopter DIY too. There's a lot of calculations to do, the Quadricopter for now.

Reactions: dodgerr
Does anyone have information about flying a Seek CompactPro on a UAS?
I saw a Raspberry Pi powered CompactPro that purportedly could be used for aerial thermal imaging but I was unable get any details about the set-up.

Given its lower price point ($499) at 320 X 240 resolution it would be a more affordable entry point for those of us just getting our feet wet in thermal imaging.

This month's Rotor Drone has one offered by Parrot. I think it was around $1,200.oo

The Parrot Pro Thermal looks pretty good, you can detach the Flir one Pro and use it on a smartphone, 1500.00 complete. The Seek product looks very interesting and very affordable.
Parrot Bebop-Pro Thermal

Last edited:
The Parrot Pro Thermal looks pretty good, you can detach the Flir one Pro and use it on a smartphone, 1500.00 complete. The Seek product looks very interesting and very affordable.
Parrot Bebop-Pro Thermal

About 3 year's ago I had Parrot Bebop drone (1 version) - it wasn't good drone in my opinion. I would not to buy any bebop drone another time... In my opinion better will be thinking how to connect a light thermal camera with some DJI Phantom or Mavic drone. They are much,much better than Parrot. Look at this project - the thermal camera is stiff mount,they even dont use a gimbal to this thermal camera and they want quite big money for this project. In my opinion it's not worth it - in Poland they whant for it 8110zloty - it's 2420 dolar's! For this money I can but Inspire 1 or Phantom 4pro + in Obsidian version and one battery. Cheeper is to buy Phantom 3 advance + Flir one pro and take this both together :)

I'm wondering what is the real range that's small thermal cameras like this SEEK od Flir one/one pro.. I saw a few films on youtube but i dont belive that the films from this or Flir camera was maded without any postproductions. Is any one here using Flir Pro or Seek CompactPro ??

I agree. I have been flying a P4P and recently purchased the Bebop Thermal for educational research.

It is basicly a flying Flir One Pro. I use the same camera daily on a Android phone for handheld IR inspections. In this case Parrot has connected the camera to a Bebop 2 UAV. Good concept, poorly executed.

Without going into any detail... "a lesson you pay for, is one you never forget". So, I will be returning it and plan to bite the bullet and buy either the Matrice or Inspire, with a Zenmuse XT radiometric camera.

Will try it on my Parrot Disco, as soon as i get the camera. I'm planning to connect the camera to Galaxy s4 mini, installed into the drone. Then i'll use Teamviewer to access the app on the flying smartphone, connected to my PC via 4G\LTE.

The new Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual looks like it might be interesting. I'd like to see if you could tell there's something like a child under a tree from 150' AGL. Image quality doesn't have to be any more than a red blob to tell something was there and send a ground team to look.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM