Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

SEO 2019 must haves, stay away from... , gigs, firms, ideas for link building, content creators, any ideas are welcome.

mccubbinaerial

Reaction score
Whoo hoo. thanks again Admin for making this little forum come to life. Ill try and be brief..
If you were to summarize, lets say a 5-7 SEO needs that are current what would they be? Best place to have the work done, safely, and prefer stateside. U-S-A! :)

I am trying work up a budget or plan as I dont see a need for a monthly SEO agent at all for my size and areas covered but that means I put myself at risk not being in the know.
Can someone refer some ideas on what exactly to look for at these type of sites..? I am finding out knowing exactly to the detail what you want or need helps fan out the $10 1000pt google type posts, tempting but more harmful than anything. Infographics are supposed to be good now rank wise?
What do some of you spend monthly on SEO? What size areas do you cover how many pilots under you?
I want to start prepping to see what I need offset my costs if needed by doing some of this myself..
Any luck with any particular SEO firms or Sites? After trying the easy way and doing a GoogleAds camp and Yelp at the same time back when I was not even transferrable domain wise I just ate a grand or two with slim results thinking that was the way. Its smarter now especially as Google and the Singularity get closer.. LOL. How did you experienced owners muck through this environment starting out? AS ALWAYS thanks for the help you all have given already and Happy Flying... "Y'all".

Hi,

Ilan here, head of marketing at SkyWatch.AI
What's your business size?
I'm not sure what are the prices for an SEO agency or a freelancer but there are A LOT of small steps that you can do before turning any budget to an out-source.

If you can share your website I'd be happy to review and share some practical actionable insights.

I'm going to write from the top of my head so feel free to ask if anything is unclear.

This article I wrote a couple of months ago might help you as well
Article: 10 Starting Tips for Marketing Your Drone Business

Before diving into SEO there are a couple of things that every drone business should think about when it comes to marketing
Experience
Your clients want to know you have experience with similar jobs. This can be solved with images, icons and short descriptions.

Quality/Professionalism
You need to make sure that your past work is well presented and organized. You can show your video and top five images and then use a call-to-action to a different portfolio page or Instagram

Trust
Testimonials and trust icon (part-107, drone insurance, ratings etc) - Super important! Real people giving real feedback.

Contact
Contact details with a call to action. Don't limit the ways to reach out to you. Some will prefer a quick phone call some might prefer reaching out via social media.

There are a lot of deferent aspects that you can show, but focusing on these 4 elements on your main page should be your top priority. Other widgets might look cool but end up as time-consuming distractions.

SEO
Technical side - Did you connect your website to Google Search Console? This free tool is a must when it comes to SEO along with google analytics. It will give you a clear insight into your traffic. With proper measurement, your success could be repeated and scaled.

Keyword research
Start with an analysis of how people are getting to you. Terms like:
Aerial inspection in {your state}
Drone for real estate in {your state}

Use Google Keyword tool for that.

Optimize your content
Use your keyword research and make sure your articles include the exact search terms that people are using. Make sure to put this on the Headline of the article as well as in the body.
Do it properly, professionally and organic,
If the content is not optimized the backlinks won't do you much service.

Spread your content around
Local directories, professional sites, weekly round-ups about drones or real estate. This job might a bit time consuming but if you plan it right, an hour every couple of days can put you in the right direction.

There is so much to cover but I think this might give you a good start as you already have some really good assets!

Let me know what you think - I'd be happy to help.

If you want you can contact me directly at [email protected]

I know what you are going through :D. I was overwhelmed by the amount of information and details that had to be considered. Starting was the most difficult part, but I had a friend working at sproutboxmedia.com, and this was obviously my first choice. 90% of my questions were cleared and answered from the first meeting with them. They took the time to explain everything and take me through the whole process before starting. The results were great, but the best part was that I understood what was going on and was part of the process.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM