Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Sept 16, 2023 The End of An Era

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I recently had my last large contract certify their deliverable on the M3T. Was up in the air about keeping our M200 setup as we just purchased another M3T for backup. I posted it online just to see if it would get any bites. "Shameless Plug here" and NOTHING. Not even after dropping the price by 1,000. Seems like I can't even give it away. Also notices other older Enterprise Dinosaurs being put up for sale recently. Seems like this could be the end as some predicted. Are there any add on RID modules that folks have tested? Might just keep it if we can sell. It was a good run old guy.....

There are currently numerous RID Modules for sale, but you don't need to get one now. Just wait. The M200 may be a dinosaur in the UAS world, but only in the realm of technology.

When it comes to RID, there are no dinosaur drones. Modules will be fine.

Reactions: Afghanpilot
There are currently numerous RID Modules for sale, but you don't need to get one now. Just wait. The M200 may be a dinosaur in the UAS world, but only in the realm of technology.

When it comes to RID, there are no dinosaur drones. Modules will be fine.
The way that my inbox is filling up with questions about it my guess is that it will be with me for years to come. Vic is there any chatter about the current Sept date being pushed back again?

The way that my inbox is filling up with questions about it my guess is that it will be with me for years to come. Vic is there any chatter about the current Sept date being pushed back again?
No. Kevin Morris, "FAA Drone Guy" mentioned at an XPO session last month that he would be very surprised if that happened. The only reason it was pushed back (selective enforcement is the term I believe) for manufacturers is because the RDQ lawsuit about RID took so long to be decided.

We have plenty of drones and modules available for end users, the FAA won't delay it.

The only area I'm pushing for selective enforcement is in the FRIA applications. The FAA isn't ready for the onslaught of expected applications. They are WAY behind on this, and their expected number of applications are grossly underestimated. They say 4,000 FRIA applications, but industry is expecting 10-20 times that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljupco75