Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

SGI Waivers

rvrrat14

Reaction score
Not sure if all the emergency responders here, flying drones for emergency services, are aware of this. It has to do with requesting and receiving Part 107 Waivers for Active Emergencies.

The Systems Operation Support Center (SOSC) is in charge of these procedures and approval/denial decisions. They are dedicated to providing emergency services near immediate response/approval to Part 107 waivers for active emergencies.

Emergency Situations

The links are 1) Procedures, and 2) Microsoft Word Document Request Form. I have re-verified these procedures are still valid as of 1-12-2018 with the SOSC.

Once the word doc is downloaded, you can fill it out and have it On The Ready to complete when called into service. Email it to the SOSC and call via phone as a followup. They’ll review, ask you a few questions, and try to approve it immedialty as to not hinder emergency response.

There are presently 5 SOSC reps available during regular hours, with 2 On-Call after hours. They may provide you ‘verbal approval’ immediately, with followup documentation after the incident/next day.

With this process in place, Part 107 emergency response is much easier for those times waivers must be requested. Another reason I don’t see the need for my environment of having a COA.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter