Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Sir Peter Scott's lighthouse

KingRat

Reaction score
Up early this morning. To scratch an itch. My editing sucks because I don't really understand how to drive a confuser! I am sure someone who understands layers and masking and stuff (I have watched hundreds of hours of tutorials but I cannot get my head around it) could make a much better breast of it. But here is my attempt so far.

C.DJI_0564web0564.jpg

Very nice. I like the composition.
To be fair, if I was being critical, it is a 50-50 horizon, which is never the best.... I much prefer a 30% horizon either way, but I failed to notice and I have flagellated myself with both birch twigs and stinging nettles in penance.

To be fair, if I was being critical, it is a 50-50 horizon, which is never the best.... I much prefer a 30% horizon either way, but I failed to notice and I have flagellated myself with both birch twigs and stinging nettles in penance.
But with all due respect, I do not think one could appreciate the sky's reflection in the canal water without showing the beautiful expansive sky.

For someone who says he hasn’t mastered Photoshop you did very well. BTW there are some excellent and inexpensive PS courses on Udemy that make learning this far easier and systematic than watching hundreds of YouTubes. There is always something else to learn about PS, but it is an amazing tool.

For someone who says he hasn’t mastered Photoshop you did very well. BTW there are some excellent and inexpensive PS courses on Udemy that make learning this far easier and systematic than watching hundreds of YouTubes. There is always something else to learn about PS, but it is an amazing tool.
I don't have photoshop!
I did have lightroom, bought and paid for outright, but Adobe, being pirates or pikies or some other lowlife, decided to remove the validity of my product key and shut my copy down - it was on a CD originally. I paid quite a lot of money for it too. So, having shown their hand, regardless of how good their photo editing stuff might be I made a commitment to never give them another penny as long as I live. I tried a couple of editors, Darktable was one, but I didn't get on with it very well. I am now trying to get to grips with On1Raw, which is what I used for this, and everything else. I have no idea bout masks and layers and stuff, I just use the simple develop table for exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows and colour casts. That is enough for my poor little brain at the moment!

I don't have photoshop!
I did have lightroom, bought and paid for outright, but Adobe, being pirates or pikies or some other lowlife, decided to remove the validity of my product key and shut my copy down - it was on a CD originally. I paid quite a lot of money for it too. So, having shown their hand, regardless of how good their photo editing stuff might be I made a commitment to never give them another penny as long as I live. I tried a couple of editors, Darktable was one, but I didn't get on with it very well. I am now trying to get to grips with On1Raw, which is what I used for this, and everything else. I have no idea bout masks and layers and stuff, I just use the simple develop table for exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows and colour casts. That is enough for my poor little brain at the moment!
You may find GIMP to your liking. It's free and very similar to PS. You can even set it to mimic the PS menu structure when you install it.

Has anyone come across affinity photo. A one off puchase and I think its photoshop and more. Windows, Mac & iPad. All for less than $80 US. regular uodates too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV