Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

SIRAS

I can't give a solid review yet. 2 flights and its not great. I am giving direct feedback to the designers. To be fair I haven't evaluated the camera. Just flying it. It's not a DJI drone for sure.
Well v1, so bugs are to be expected but at the end of the day competition is healthy and needed.

Reactions: MikeA
Greetings from Southwest Florida. Florida Drone Supply is proud to announce the launch of the Teledyne FLIR SIRAS drone, and we have incoming stock of these drones.
Multiple agencies across the state of Florida have already placed their orders for these drones and we have multiple hours and days of flight testing this platform.
In addition to the flight testing, we have started to create training videos on our Youtube Channel which will have tutorials, how to's, and functionality.

To inquire about this drone, click here: Teledyne FLIR SIRAS

To see our unboxing video on YouTube, click here:

If you have any questions, please give us a call at 855-837-6637

Flying a Siras drone. No frills basic pilot drone. Forward radar works night or day, fog light rain. Careful , no side or top obstacle avoidance. IP rated. Camera is a tv128 flir. the 128 zoom on visible is great for surveillance and the flir 640x512 is great , they need to get the MSX up and operating asap. Distance has been good BVLOS. Battery life is ok. Battery price for 30 min flight time is little high at 599 for two which are needed to operate single flight. Cell or wifi connection for live stream is needed. Using hdmi cable /video converter to a computer sending a RTMP over wifi to our server. Maps need improvement/sat view with road overlay would be good addition and ability to place a map marker. Wish the landing legs were detachable. Clamp on style would be good in case one does break. They seem to be a weak point for a future broken leg. Dual thermal/visual display is nice when needed. They are on the right path, but the china fear factor seem to cause them to abandon some useful features. I do like the drone after 30+ flights and support has been great. Compass work great and very accurate, in the mountains that is a plus. A constant gps coordinates on center point is needed. You can bring it up but prefer it on heads up somewhere. Map planning for flights works but no auto selections for areas like rectangular or polygon auto generating. This drone isnt small it has some size and little louder than some are use to. it does the job for LEO, FIRE, SAR. Just a quick overview on operating the Siras. It is worth keeping in the fleet. I am looking forward to future software changes to maybe add to its usefulness. Out of all the accepted drones, for price and camera has the other Blue drones beat.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaja6009
Flying a Siras drone. No frills basic pilot drone. Forward radar works night or day, fog light rain. Careful , no side or top obstacle avoidance. IP rated. Camera is a tv128 flir. the 128 zoom on visible is great for surveillance and the flir 640x512 is great , they need to get the MSX up and operating asap. Distance has been good BVLOS. Battery life is ok. Battery price for 30 min flight time is little high at 599 for two which are needed to operate single flight. Cell or wifi connection for live stream is needed. Using hdmi cable /video converter to a computer sending a RTMP over wifi to our server. Maps need improvement/sat view with road overlay would be good addition and ability to place a map marker. Wish the landing legs were detachable. Clamp on style would be good in case one does break. They seem to be a weak point for a future broken leg. Dual thermal/visual display is nice when needed. They are on the right path, but the china fear factor seem to cause them to abandon some useful features. I do like the drone after 30+ flights and support has been great. Compass work great and very accurate, in the mountains that is a plus. A constant gps coordinates on center point is needed. You can bring it up but prefer it on heads up somewhere. Map planning for flights works but no auto selections for areas like rectangular or polygon auto generating. This drone isnt small it has some size and little louder than some are use to. it does the job for LEO, FIRE, SAR. Just a quick overview on operating the Siras. It is worth keeping in the fleet. I am looking forward to future software changes to maybe add to its usefulness. Out of all the accepted drones, for price and camera has the other Blue drones beat.

Thank you for that review. Unbiased SIRAS information is hard to come by. Steel City drones did a partial review but the review seemed pressured by FLIR? to not really do the deep type comparison that Steel City usually does.

An interesting note on the SIRAS is that is is a rebranded Coretronics Hummer. The Hummer has more features and also a software ecosystem with an inspection and operations applications. I scratch my head on how the ecosystem was taken away from this drone since they would be good selling points on this drone since it struggles to compete with DJI and Chinese drones in terms of aircraft, and payload.

Reactions: Jstat
Thank you for that review. Unbiased SIRAS information is hard to come by. Steel City drones did a partial review but the review seemed pressured by FLIR? to not really do the deep type comparison that Steel City usually does.

An interesting note on the SIRAS is that is is a rebranded Coretronics Hummer. The Hummer has more features and also a software ecosystem with an inspection and operations applications. I scratch my head on how the ecosystem was taken away from this drone since they would be good selling points on this drone since it struggles to compete with DJI and Chinese drones in terms of aircraft, and payload.
I cant understand why the drone had some good advantages and the it was stripped down. I do like the Siras. Florida drone supply does some good videos on the Siras and pointed out pros and cons. They then concentrated on the operation of the Siras which was needed. They describe it best. "They say one drone is Tesla's and the Siras is a truck." Which is not a bad thing. But the bed of the truck needs some tools in it. They have an opportunity to provide a really great product. They need to do it now to take advantage of the void in Blue UAS.

I scratch my head on how the ecosystem was taken away from this drone since they would be good selling points on this drone since it struggles to compete with DJI and Chinese drones in terms of aircraft, and payload.
My guess: Coretronics rightfully wanted X dollars to include that functionality to Teledyne's OEM. And Teledyne's analysis was that their USA market would not bear the additional cost of including it.

New update on the Siras today. EXO settings on the controls and battery changes. Camera improvements. Good update for the drone. Still looking forward to the return of MSX for the thermal. Anyone with a Siras needing to send live feed. HDMI with a 20 dollar video converter HDMI to USB tied into laptop. We are using the OSB studio software to RMTP the live feed. Works really well with our server.

I think in the beginning the first five drones: Teal’s Golden Eagle, Vantage’s Vesper, Teledyne/FLIR’s Ion M440, Skydio’s X2D, and Parrot’s Anafi USA were approved by DOD according to an online article. Since then the list has gone from blue, to 1.0 to 2.0. I dont believe telydyne has specifically pushed the Siras for the approval, not sure. Since Teledyne makes some DOD drones and cameras, flir etc. I think maybe knowing it has no outside communication operators have not questioned it. I cant find anything concrete on it. Maybe someone will post that is more familiar. I am seeing some on a green list, not familiar with it either. Also the originals list was drone specific. Further list were manufacturers. And then it seems to fizzle out after 2.0 nothing I find since. Maybe it is wearing thin.

I did find this on Defense Innovation website just now that may shed some light. If it is correct a blue rating may not be all that applies as an approved drone. I still dont know for sure. More I read more confusing it seems. Quote from their page "DIU's Blue sUAS 1.0 project provides an initial 5 secure, trusted sUAS options for DoD and Federal Government procurement that meet FY20 NDAA Section 848 requirements. The Blue sUAS 1.0 project does not preclude the Government from purchasing any other UAS that are certified compliant by the purchasing Government organization. DIU does not define Government sUAS compliance standards or provide sUAS security or drone certification for such other efforts. This was a disclaimer I think that was posted at the end of their page to cover bases we may not know about or could arise?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM