Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Sky Eye Network

LeeB

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Sky Eye Network? I took their workshop on how to market your drone business which was rather informative. I even came away with actionable items. As expected, it was a lead into a sales pitch for joining their network of drone businesses.

So I was wondering if anyone in this forum has any history with them. Is it worth joining? Did you get a good ROI?

Thank you in advance.

My personal opinion only: Drone networks have commoditized drone pilots and the lowest bidders have driven down compensation for all pilots. Way less than 1% of my work has come from networks and I certainly haven't paid any of them other than their commission.

Hone your craft, develop expertise to distinguish yourself from the crowd, and charge what you know you're worth - not a dollar less.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thank you both for your responses.

Vic, can you elaborate? I picked up on several red flags during the workshop, hence my inquiry.

Wavepilot, your suggestion has been my roadmap. I took the workshop to help me craft better messaging language, which it did. I've been dragging my feet getting my business running but this is the year to do so.

For some reason, I didn't get an email from Commercial Drone Pilots regarding your responses. I didn't see them until I got the weekly summary.

Thank you both for your responses.

Vic, can you elaborate? I picked up on several red flags during the workshop, hence my inquiry.

Wavepilot, your suggestion has been my roadmap. I took the workshop to help me craft better messaging language, which it did. I've been dragging my feet getting my business running but this is the year to do so.

For some reason, I didn't get an email from Commercial Drone Pilots regarding your responses. I didn't see them until I got the weekly summary.
He's the UAS equivalent of a snake oil salesman. He over promises and under delivers. The website you get is filled with other folks imagery. He also gave everyone a "remote pilot license" that isn't worth the pixels you view it on. There was more than one issue with people thinking they didn't need the actual 107 because of it. His seminars were all about joining his network.

Some have been able to get some good stuff out of his classes, but for the most part they just didn't get what they paid for.

Also, he used the FAA logo on a lot of his stuff for quite a while. Even after the FAA told him he couldn't. I'm not sure what finally got him to remove it though.

Thanks for your comments Vic. While I did come away from the workshop with actionable items and found the presentations engaging, I felt (and told them so) that their commercial for joining their network was way too long, pushy and over powering. I am also concerned that the images for their included website and marketing materials are not mine. Funny you mention the FAA logo. I asked them about this and was told that they have a "special arrangement" with the FAA that allows them to use it. Really? Last time I looked, I was still on the turnip truck.

The comments I received in this forum is the reason why I belong and posted my question here. I always fully read your responses in particular.

Additionally, I expect to be in Denver toward the end of July. Could we get together to fly?

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for your comments Vic. While I did come away from the workshop with actionable items and found the presentations engaging, I felt (and told them so) that their commercial for joining their network was way too long, pushy and over powering. I am also concerned that the images for their included website and marketing materials are not mine. Funny you mention the FAA logo. I asked them about this and was told that they have a "special arrangement" with the FAA that allows them to use it. Really? Last time I looked, I was still on the turnip truck.

The comments I received in this forum is the reason why I belong and posted my question here. I always fully read your responses in particular.

Additionally, I expect to be in Denver toward the end of July. Could we get together to fly?
Sure, hit me up. [email protected]

Does anyone have experience with the Sky Eye Network? I took their workshop on how to market your drone business which was rather informative. I even came away with actionable items. As expected, it was a lead into a sales pitch for joining their network of drone businesses.

So I was wondering if anyone in this forum has any history with them. Is it worth joining? Did you get a good ROI?

Thank you in advance.
I have been with them for over 6 years... I haven't been able to get gina or Damon to return my calls or email... they are using ai to do all there responses to me and some rude and Phony girl named Vicky, who derails your hole Purpose of calling.... I'm still waiting for a return call... so far it looks like I'm not important.... I've paid over 10,000.00 in membership and fees... the story only gets worse...

I have been with them for over 6 years... I haven't been able to get gina or Damon to return my calls or email... they are using ai to do all there responses to me and some rude and Phony girl named Vicky, who derails your hole Purpose of calling.... I'm still waiting for a return call... so far it looks like I'm not important.... I've paid over 10,000.00 in membership and fees... the story only gets worse...
That's disturbing. I'm sorry to hear that. Have you earned any income off of your investment? If you think you've been defrauded, alert the authorities and the FAA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164