Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

SkyTubeLive, live video streaming app

Brian

Reaction score
Hi all,

One of our current target use cases for our live streaming app is first responders of all sorts, to include police, fire, SAR, etc. Imagine if agents, commanders, or other subject matter experts could watch live flight video from anywhere, as the flight happens! The pilot could be out in the field in a remote location, while other personnel watch the video safely and securely from an office locally or even across the state or country. and you can do so securely, and not broadcast it via facebook or youtube. We do get pretty regular contacts via our website from police, etc., who are interested in this, as the number of agencies who fly UAVs is growing so fast. I'd be extremely interested in talking to anyone who either currently works in this area or is looking into it, to either show off our capabilities and/or find out more about what exactly you would need in this sort of tool.

Reactions: AH-1G
Hi all,

One of our current target use cases for our live streaming app is first responders of all sorts, to include police, fire, SAR, etc. Imagine if agents, commanders, or other subject matter experts could watch live flight video from anywhere, as the flight happens! The pilot could be out in the field in a remote location, while other personnel watch the video safely and securely from an office locally or even across the state or country. and you can do so securely, and not broadcast it via facebook or youtube. We do get pretty regular contacts via our website from police, etc., who are interested in this, as the number of agencies who fly UAVs is growing so fast. I'd be extremely interested in talking to anyone who either currently works in this area or is looking into it, to either show off our capabilities and/or find out more about what exactly you would need in this sort of tool.

We use Amazon Web Services for streaming. They offer secure connection capability.

We use Amazon Web Services for streaming. They offer secure connection capability.
Thanks for your response. But what do you actually use to do the streaming? DJI GO or some other app?

Just to clarify, I didn't even mention in my initial post that we offer the capability via DJI drones, not some more expensive (and more capable) option...

Thanks for your response. But what do you actually use to do the streaming? DJI GO or some other app?

Just to clarify, I didn't even mention in my initial post that we offer the capability via DJI drones, not some more expensive (and more capable) option...

We connect the video out to a Blackmagic converter into a Panasonic Toughbook that has a cell modem so we can connect to Verizon LTE. Then we use Adobe Flash Media Live on the Toughbook to get the stream to the secure AWS server.

Sounds like quite the setup. FYI, we stream directly from the mobile device attached to the controller. The video is coming in from the USB cable, and then we broadcast via the cell network out to our server. So all you need is a relatively new Android device (even a Galaxy S6 is plenty fast enough).

Sounds like quite the setup. FYI, we stream directly from the mobile device attached to the controller. The video is coming in from the USB cable, and then we broadcast via the cell network out to our server. So all you need is a relatively new Android device (even a Galaxy S6 is plenty fast enough).

Sorry, forgot to mention, that's a setup for an AV Puma and Aeryon SkyRanger. We can't fly the DJI products outdoors anymore.

Hi all,

PM me for more info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905