Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Solar and wind farm inspections

Kosmo98

Reaction score
I'm trying to find information on solar and wind farm inspections, such as software and how to. Is anyone that does this be willing to share some insight? It can be through email if you prefer. Thank you

What I would do is contact the companies maintaining the sites. In my area there are a lot of them in the foothills between Tracy, CA and Livermore. I'm lazy, I don't want to travel that direction.

Carolll County Community College, MD has a commercial drone program which has two courses on agricultural uses of drones. Most of their courses are online.

@kshaw Have you looked at Hammer Missions?

Solar -> Solar Panel Inspections in Hammer Missions

Wind -> Wind Turbine Inspection using Hammer Missions

Looks interesting!

Reactions: HammerMissions

@HammerMissions it seems you’re geared towards the operational side of things, what type of post processing services do you offer if any? “3D modeling” and “mapping” are listed as products on your website - what are the outputs of these, and are they easily accessed/shared with an end client?

@HammerMissions it seems you’re geared towards the operational side of things, what type of post processing services do you offer if any? “3D modeling” and “mapping” are listed as products on your website - what are the outputs of these, and are they easily accessed/shared with an end client?

@Midsky8778 great question! We were focused on the mission planning and operational side of things for the longest time, but with an overwhelming number of requests for analysing / processing the data, we've now started to deliver a data annotation & analysis platform as well. More details on this below:

It's currently geared towards infrastructure inspection related work - with options to view the data in 3D. We'll shortly be providing photogrammetry based processing as well. Are there specific things you'd like to see that are missing in existing solutions?

I'm trying to find information on solar and wind farm inspections, such as software and how to. Is anyone that does this be willing to share some insight? It can be through email if you prefer. Thank you
I do high volume of Solar site inspection, but need more information from you. Like, where are you in this step? Are you already established? Do you have necessary equipment? Are you a Co looking to get into this or existing company with new client???? Are you looking to do Data Acquisition or providing a complete deliverable?? Many questions before I can help you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905