Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Some encouraging words about LAANC from the FAA

Thanks for posting, @AerialEye - I heard him speak about LAANC at the InterDrone conference last fall but hadn't heard any updates since then. LAANC can't come soon enough. I'm in an area with overlapping Class B and C airports which significantly limits where I can fly commercially. This is encouraging, indeed. Just want to see it happen soon!

Just registered an account with Skyward, have not selected a plan, just for reference a 1 Pilot / 50 flights per month (the cheapest plan they offer) is $2,999.00 p/year. Ouch!

I'm looking forward to this coming to use here in Memphis. Basically, anything in the southern 2/3 of the metro area is Class B airspace. So all these folks doing commercial flights are doing it illegally. Meanwhile, I'm sitting back here saying, "Nope .... I can't do your flight unless you have 3 months for a waiver to come in." So they go hire someone who doesn't care about legality.

I am doing a few projects with larger construction companies and then some architects, they abide by the rules and they know the consequences if they don't. This is the area I like to prospect it may take a bit more time but at least I can sleep at night.

I'm looking forward to this coming to use here in Memphis. Basically, anything in the southern 2/3 of the metro area is Class B airspace. So all these folks doing commercial flights are doing it illegally. Meanwhile, I'm sitting back here saying, "Nope .... I can't do your flight unless you have 3 months for a waiver to come in." So they go hire someone who doesn't care about legality.
Looks like you will have to use Skyward to access LAANC, have you seen their price plans Skyward

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM