Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Some information on DJI Lockout zones that we Discovered, related to the June 2nd M300 Incident

Aerial Edge

Reaction score
Website
aerialedgeva.com
So on a previous thread Here some people were talking about issues recovering an aircraft when flying near DJI no fly zones, there was also another thread that I cannot find with someone that lost an aircraft over a cliff that eventually hit Critical Battery Level and landed into the ocean. I ran into this issue and upon investigating this we were able to get to the cause of this and I posted on the thread why this issue exists and the lack of Documentation.

Recently there was an accident on June 2, 2021 with a Matrice 300 that caused bodily injury and was reported to the NTSB. Here is the info on this M300 Accident and here is a link to Pilot Institute video on this. I decided this is important enough to put a Video together to help people become educated on it and possible help others.

I hope this helps keep others from loosing their drone or getting injured!

Dave

Dave, why is DJI not being held responsible for interfering with a flight crew, a clear violations of the FARs? I know for a fact that this scenario has been discussed with Brendan Schulman (@dronelaws) years ago.
That is something that was well beyond my pay grade. It was something that we were able to figure out after flying 5-6 times in close proximity of SSI zones with all the military bases around here. After finding the thread on Mavic Pilots I attempted to try and explain it to try and help people. I was doing a video review of the M300 when I heard about the incident in PA with the no fly zone and the commanded RTH and decided I needed to make a video on it. Try to at least get this out for other to see. If it saves an aircraft or stops an injury it is well worth it.

So on a previous thread Here some people were talking about issues recovering an aircraft when flying near DJI no fly zones, there was also another thread that I cannot find with someone that lost an aircraft over a cliff that eventually hit Critical Battery Level and landed into the ocean. I ran into this issue and upon investigating this we were able to get to the cause of this and I posted on the thread why this issue exists and the lack of Documentation.

Recently there was an accident on June 2, 2021 with a Matrice 300 that caused bodily injury and was reported to the NTSB. Here is the info on this M300 Accident and here is a link to Pilot Institute video on this. I decided this is important enough to put a Video together to help people become educated on it and possible help others.

I hope this helps keep others from loosing their drone or getting injured!

Dave
Thanks for putting together. Great information to be aware of.

This was great information that I wasn't aware of. This gives a good reason to disable geo fence as I have done with my drones. To me no matter how much you have invested in your DJI drone, the forty bucks to disable geo fence is well worth it. Just might save your drone some day.

Good info in the article. Pity about the 7 adverts that leave single lines of text hanging by themselves…

Do you mean adverbs? Grammar and punctuation is optional on this forum. :rolleyes:
Seriously?

When I write "adverts", I mean the abbreviated version of "advertisements"; if I had intended to refer to "adverbs", then I would most likely have used "adverbs".

I guess you haven't read the article linked in the OP's original comment then? Perhaps that might give you a clue as to my reference...

DJI Matrice 300 Incident Results in Serious Injury - Public Safety Flight

I will remember always to use full words rather than their common abbreviations in future comments I may write, since it seems that the first assumption is that a member doesn't know which words they are intending to use, or care about proof-reading their comments before posting.

I hope the attached screenshot might be of assistance.

Attachments

• Article Extract.png
    Article Extract.png
    726.7 KB · Views: 6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mneeze