Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

SOP Templates/Boiler Plate Language?

MavicMapper

DSAR Member
Reaction score
My organization is taking the plunge and purchasing a drone for the company (either Enterprise Dual or Matrice 200). Up to this point I have been using my personal equipment to make a business case for the purchase.

At this point, I want to get ahead of the curve and draft a SOP document. We are an engineering consulting firm specializing in geology and pavements. Does anyone here know of some good starting points for SOP documents, or know of some “boiler plate” language that should be incorporated into my SOP draft? We mostly do mapping and still photography of projects for municipalities and private clients.

Any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Dealing with municipalities the one thing that is standard is indemnification clause, "Hold Harmless". Everything else all about the bid (if it is a RFP process). A S.O.P is for your own internal operations on how the drone is to be deployed.

Some DOTs have their operations manual online. I’ll post some links tonight. Search google for uas operations manual.

Reactions: BigAl07
This is a 4 part series of books (and eBooks) that’s all about setting up policy and procedures.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlisonChar