Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Strange Flight

R.Perry

Reaction score
I was doing a mapping and litchi mission of a roadway. I was using Litchi Waypoint mission. Had twelve locations along the way where the flight would stop for a few seconds so I could take a picture..
Flight followed programmed flight path perfectly, but between a few of the waypoints, the drone stopped did a 360 degree rotation and continued on.
First time, I stopped the mission, returned to home point and landed. Shut everything down. Restarted the mission with the same results. Second time, drone completed the waypoint mission and RTH as it should. It did three 360 rotations during my 12 waypoint mission. Any idea's what may have caused that?

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the flight, you can see this is all farm country do there are no, or shouldn't be any interference issues.

1648429608012.png

I don't have any experience with Litchi but are there any rotations between waypoints? Perhaps there's a negative value between rotations and it is "taking the long way around" instead of a direct rotation. Totally a guess but that's what came to mind to me with the scenario you described.

I don't have any experience with Litchi but are there any rotations between waypoints? Perhaps there's a negative value between rotations and it is "taking the long way around" instead of a direct rotation. Totally a guess but that's what came to mind to me with the scenario you described.
That's a good thought. In litchi when you set the heading for a waypoint flight Litchi determines the direction of rotation. With this flight the heading was the same between each waypoint but the drone still did a 360 during it's travel between waypoints.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143